News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A couple of Heisler questions

Started by tbdanny, July 17, 2013, 01:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbdanny

Hi all,

I received my Bachmann Heisler yesterday.  It's a great little model, and runs very nicely.  But I did notice a couple of interesting things:
- The on-board DCC decoder seemed to have some settings already set - I noticed that the model had inertia programmed in, and that both headlights came on, regardless of direction.  Has anyone else noticed this on theirs?

- The coupling rods on the two trucks weren't lined up with each other.  One truck had them rotated further forward than the other.  I've found prototype photos with the rods both synchronised and out-of-sync, and I was just wondering which is correct?

Cheers,
Danny

mabloodhound

There have been a number of posts on various forums about re-programming the headlight sequence, etc.   You'll have to do a Google search to find them.
The rods may or may not line up based on how much the drive wheels spin on the rails.   It is just a coincidence if they do line up the same.   Unless I don't understand your question.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

tbdanny

That's what  don't understand.  A heisler emerges from a factory with the siderods on both trucks in the same position (e.g. 6 o'clock).  But then, despite being connected to the same driveshaft, the wheels somehow manage to turn at different speeds, or get out of sync?  Wouldn't being on the same driveshaft mean that the wheels would always turn the same amount?