News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-27

Started by tlnibert, March 26, 2013, 01:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlnibert

Does the Aristo Craft Revolution receiver work in the K-27 as a plug in system?
Tom

Loco Bill Canelos

Tom,
Yes it does, my son installed his without any real issues, He did use aftermarket Phoenix 2K2 sound and had some issues with the chuff.  He used magnets for chuff and it sounds fantastic.  We did some switching a couple of weeks ago when I was visiting It was a lot of fun.  I am trying to get him to post it on Youtube after he edits out my expletives after getting demerits ;D

He used the old style receiver without the generic steam sound, Try checking the search feature as I know Kevin Strong and other have discussed this subject.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tlnibert

Thanks Bill
I just ordered a Revolution set in Diesel.  I will go ahead and order a couple for my
K-27's
I will let you know once I try the set with Steam.
Input from other would be nice.
Tom

mudhen

Hay Bill;
I made two chuff boards for my K-27s and they
work great with the Aristo Revolution, Phoenix P8
and battery of your choising. Got the building diagrans
for the chuff board
imformation from, I think it was an Ottawa group.
Let me know if you want more information. The
chuff boards work great with the Bachmann
synchronised sencers in the steam chest.
I have perfect quartering chuff sound
Mudhen.

edmc

The new revolution steam receivers don't work right in the K-27 and C-19. The decoder positive out to the engine is missing so you don't have motor cooling fan or engine lights. Older style receivers work 100%
in both engines. I gave up on the K-27 chuffer and installed magnets on the rear driver. The C-19 chuff
works much better.
I have been discussing the receiver problem with Navin at Aristo..
Ed McConnell

Kevin Strong

You need to jumper the battery power to the B+ and ground terminals on the socket board to get power to the electronics in the loco on the C-19 and K-27. That will provide power for the chuff, headlight, etc. I don't think the headlight is directional; it's not on my C-19, and I don't remember if it was on the K-27 I did for a friend, or if it was on all the time. (I prefer that anyway...)

Later,

K

edmc

Thats true..I think for the price of the new receivers Aristo should not have missed that.The old receiver in
the C-19 will give you directional  lights and in reverse the head light dims to half
brightness. I also run all my battery powered locos with the head light always on.
When I was at the ECLSTS last weekend I picked up some old receivers at a real
deal..
Ed McConnell

tlnibert

I haven't tried battery power yet, I hope to soon. I have rc planes flying with batteries that I ordered from Hobby King.
Batteries that cost $79.99 three years ago,are now $7.00 when on sale.
I have major work to do on my layout, after 3 years of NOT running.
Tom

tac

Quote from: mudhen on March 27, 2013, 05:29:33 PMimformation from, I think it was an Ottawa group.

That'll be Paul Norton on the Ottawa Valley Garden Railway Society site.  A great bunch of guys there!  ;D

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS [www.ovgrs.org]

mudhen

Thanks Tac,
Paul Norton Is the one I was talking about, he knows his stuff and I built the electronic board from is notes.
They work just the was he said they would and I now have perfect 1/4ing chuffs.