News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale?

Started by modelrr35, August 05, 2013, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelrr35

I'm sure this has been asked time and time again but..Could you guys release N scale thomas stuff? I'd love to do HO, but i really don't have room for it.  :-\ I have a tomix thomas (w/ annie and clarabel.) But the thomas is odd (It's a very rough runner.) Even if the N scale line doesn't have the moving eyes, it would still be awesome to have them. Thanks for hearing me out  ;D

Chaz

Before I modeled HO, I had a nice N scale layout (4X8).  I loved the Tomix line of products and I really enjoyed them as a kid.  It's sad that they don't make anymore products, especially since they had promised to make Gordon and Edward in the range but those are nowhere in sight...  A real shame, as the quality of these models was incredible.  Definitely wins a gold medal for their James and Henry models as well as their respective rolling stock. 

As far as Bachmann making an N scale line for Thomas goes, I welcome the idea with open arms, but I'm not going to pretend any longer that I don't see that happening.  N scale may be too small for the younger Thomas fans, and would be a lot harder for them to work with.  If they were to do it however, I don't see how they would include a moving eye mechanism in the model. 

It's a shame that there isn't much else outside of what we have already from Tomix, however the size of the models does make a difference as far as the general public goes.  The size of N scale is not only one of it's biggest disadvantages but also one of the biggest advantages at the same time.  Especially if you have a lot of empty space and can make a nice large N layout with it.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

modelrr35

It would be nice if scruffy and a truck werent 35 bucks, but geeeez! Do you still have any of your tomix stuff? If so, I'd be   interested in purchasing any items, that is if you would sell.  :)