News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A Thought

Started by wb2002, March 27, 2013, 01:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

i see all those baldwin sharks sitting in a dead line as they'd be too much hassle to keep running.....lol
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

J3a-614

Really small motors are available.  They're about the size of a pencil eraser, and are used for things like the vibrators in cell phones, and for those tiny electric toy helicopters that you can fly in the house with remote control.  The question is, is finding other motors, somewhat larger, and developing the gear trains and all to go with them, worth the effort?

Of course if it is, then we open up the possibilities of live, coal-burning steam in HO--oh, I would like that, although my wife wouldn't ("Pee-yew!  What's that smell down there?")

And let's not forget we're going to need working air brakes on all that equipment, too. . .

Jhanecker2

Nano Technology  may make all of those things possible someday ,  though I  doubt any of us will still  be around or could  afford it if we were . Let us be happy that we  are still around  and have the "toys" we do and can enjoy them  even if they are not perfect in every way . We are the products of our times not of the past , though we are looking towards the future hopefully .  To All  : Have a Glorious Easter !!!  J2

Jhanecker2

Having said what I did in the last post ,   I may have to eat some of my words .   I just came off the KATO -USA website  looking for gallery push-pull passenger cars , when I saw a preview of a new drive configuartion that Kato is considering to bring to the US from Japan .   Check it out .   Would this answer some of the questions raised ?