News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

narrow gauge engines idea???

Started by dan-hornby, March 27, 2013, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan-hornby

well looking at the collection of large scale thomas and friends and hoping to see where that range goes, why dont bachmann make the narrow gauge engines for the large scale range but using the o gauge track?????

that would make bachmann the only manufacturer to make the narrow gauge engines whick could be reduced in the scales to suit ho as well. anyone else got any views on this????

if i get 10,000 views or responses i will compile a portfolio for bachmann to consider so show your support and lets make the sodor dream a reality

TrainFan97

If they made the Narrow Gauge engines in N scale, they would be too small to have an eye mechanism. It still would be cool to at least have them.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

dan-hornby

the trade off for that would be that there would be no moving eyes. its an interesting idea tho that large scale can have narrow gauge engines and that ho could have narrow gauge. i know in the uk there are now two companies producing 009 ready to run locomotives and rolling stock.

i also wonder if there is anyone out there who would be willing to put money towards the drawings and the manufacture of the tool??

dan-hornby

has anyone built a narrow gauge sodr railway? got pics put them up and lets see where this can go

Rollin Mayham

No but I have thought about it it would be so cool though if they made the narrow gauge on N scale track for HO scale. Isn't that what other people do for there mine trains?

GG1onFordsDTandI

O gauge for a narrow gauge G, HO for a narrow gauge O(see On30), N for a narrow gauge HO, Z for a narrow gauge N?
Great concept, just don't let the non-Thomas rivet counters from the other scales find out about it  ::) or they'll try and sick the fat controller on you! ;D

Fergusfan17

I wonder why only one person I know of (topkazfatt) has made the narrow gauge engines. Is it really hard or something?

Calebtrain

HenryBlue has done it also. Topkazfatt made his out of Bandai Tecs models, which are rarer than a blue moon. And HenryBlue made his out of kits, and most people don't want to use kits. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Fergusfan17

Calebtrain

Ebay, extremely rarely. But your chances of finding one, much less a narrow gauge one, are almost one to nothing.

Fergusfan17

Ok. Cause is there a Oliver one? How rare is he?

dan-hornby

i have also built a narrow gauge engine. skarloey. its on ebay at the moment with two slate wagons and a brake van, taken directly from the original books.

Calebtrain

Fergusfan17

Oliverfan656

I really want the narrow gauge engines but they are so hard to find on ebay