General Question about Dynamis....

Started by gardendepot, March 22, 2013, 02:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardendepot

I have a question about the Dynamis, If I remove the batteries from controller will it keep what was programed on it or will I lose it and have to go back and do it again? Please let me know, Because I have already programed 3 locomotives and 1 DCC turnout and I would hate to lose what info I have put into the controller! Let know please, Thanks!!!

jward

one thing to remember is that address and settings info are held in the decoders not the dynamis or any other controller.

that is why you can take your dcc locomotives and run them on somebody else's layout. or, you can swap controllers on your own layout and still run everything.

unless you've modified the options switches in the controller (most people I know don't) your controller should be operating on default settings. in short, it shouldn't matter whether or not you've removed the batteries while the unit was turned off.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

AGSB

The handset/control box maintains a roster of 40 locos with addresses and icons, plus info on turnouts and other accessories that it controls. Just reread the manual and it is not clear if this info is held in the handset or in the control box, but it does mention that rosters are updated between handsets when a new one is added. No mention if the info is saved on power removal.

TimR

I pulled the batteries out of my Dynamis controller and did not use it for about 4 months. I hooked it back up a few weeks ago and it still had the parameters I put in for a limited roster before I put it away. Not sure where the info is stored (although I assume some type of EEPROM), but it does seem to store the info for at least 4 months with no batteries in the handset and no power to the receiver.