News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yellow body Gandy Dancer

Started by norman, March 28, 2013, 07:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman

Dear Mr. Bachmann:

Is there a different product box number for the second production run of the yellow Gandy Dancer with the improved drive?

How does the customer know which version of drive exists in the yellow Gandy Dancer when ordering on line through the internet?

Thank you,

Norman

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Norman,

The new yellow handcar is 96202 and the old yellow handcar is 96201.  Still as far as I can see, there is no difference so I would be bidding only for one new in the box, and still there is the risk of substitution!!  Best get it from a dealer.  I haven't seen much on how the newer ones perform maybe you can post a report if you find one.

Good Luck

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

norman

Hi Bill:

The product numbers make sense.
The grey car replaced the defective drive of the first productin run yellow car.
Then the yellow car is again produced.

Norman

mickeykelley

Anyone with results needs to post.  I have had the white, gray, and Christmas and all are dead. No more purchase until I see results that they will last.

Old John

I've had a "Gray" since 2006, and it is still running strong!

Loco Bill Canelos

John,

How often do you run it??

mickeykelley

Each of mine lasted maybe 8 hours running time appease, and tats being generous.

Dave

Those little motors wont handle running at a speed much above walking pace,[ scale speed]
My first motor was also short lived so I replaced the motor and converted it to Battery.
  3 AAA rechargables in the Trail car and it will run for hours at a nice respectable speed. I dont have any speed controll, just switch it on and let the boys inspect the track while you get steam up, or however you power your Locos.

Dave
                    New Zealand

mickeykelley

Mine wasn't the motor, but split gears. I know you can get replacements, but for the cost to end up the same.  Don't think I'd be a taker.

Loco Bill Canelos

Mine failed due to sliding out of position on the shaft, repaired with a little JB weld. worked fine for awhile.