News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Haulers 2-4-2 Sound installation

Started by Chris9017, April 07, 2013, 03:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris9017

Hello, I am adding a Phoenix PB-11 sound to my 2-4-2.  Managed to get all the wires in, but am not getting any track power to the unit.   Where might I find a source for basic track power to wire up the unit?

Thank you

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Chris,

If you have the 2-4-2 with the tender, one way would be to install wipers on the tender axles and drill a hole in the tender floor and run the power to the PB-11 in that way.  If the loco front and rear axles have leads to the internal wiring you could try tapping into those and bring them to the PB-11. If it has a rear headlight, another possibility would be to bring the power to the PB11 by tapping into the rear headlight. You could also use a multimeter to probe the existing wiring to find a power lead. If you let the group know which 2-4-2 you have the older one or the latest version I suspect you will get better advice than I can give.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Chris9017

The engine is actually the newer side tank engine, but I will look into that. :)

Loco Bill Canelos

I was wondering if it came with a wiring diagram??  There wasn't one in the info section here on the site!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!