News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Canadian Pacific 40209

Started by Bob Banjany, March 31, 2013, 10:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Banjany

I bought a brand new Canadian Pacific and tender 40209 in January, never took it out of the box..I just put it on the track to test it and there is no sound when the whistle button is activated..? Is there an on/off switch or is this defective..? I am using a Lionel ZW transformer..All my other Williams F3 True Blast sounds work fine.. ??? Can you advise..?

Hi Bob,

Use the search above. Search for...True Blast II Problem...posted by 671. I think the info will solve your challenge.

Bob Banjany

My problem is no sound, not even a peep.. I did have the low sound on my other Williams F3's and I corrected it by pulling off the shell and adjusting the Pot ... Is the sound card in the tender on this set..?

phillyreading

The sound card is most likely in the tender. Look at the underside of the tender, does it have a center roller? If it has the center roller your sound circuit is installed inside the tender. For some reason there does not appear to be enuff room inside the steam engine shell so Williams(before Bachmann) first put the True Blast 2 units in the tenders.

Lee F.

Hi Bob,

Phillyreading is correct, The sound card and speaker can be found within the tender.
      I have the J 4-8-4 B&O Royal Blue. ( Same Loco as Canadian different paint)The loco appears to share the same chassis as their Berksire Locomotive.
      Open up the tender shell and try adjusting the potentiometer and or bend it into it's original shape.
      I have had a lot of success with correcting faulty Horns and Whistles using this simple repair.

Good Luck...671

Bob Banjany

No luck..Spoke with a WilliamsTech as well.  The sound board is just bad..I am sending it back