News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

FA-2 - Help. I've lost all audio.

Started by rogertra, April 06, 2013, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

I've somehow lost all audio from both my FA-2s.

One was running faster than the other as I'd somehow messed around with the momentum levels and could not get them to both run at the same speed.

Thinking I was fixing the problem, I reset the decoders to the default factory setting.

Now I have no bells, no horns, no prime mover, no headlights but the units now both run at the same speed.

So.

H E L P !

How do I get my audio back?

DCC is fairly new to me.  I'm competent enough with other modelling skills but not even close when it comes to DCC.

railtwister

It sounds like your reset attempt failed, and you entered "mute" mode instead. How did you attempt to do the reset? If you messed around with function 8 without being in program mode or having the loco on the program track first, you may have simply entered "mute" mode, which is controlled by the F8 key. Look at your controller to see if F8 is activated. If it is, hitting F8 once should restore your sound.

Good luck,
Bill in FtL

rogertra

Thanks Bill.

A friend chatted to me on Skype me and solved the problem.

It seems, you do NOT use the factory reset CV on sound equipped locomotives.

He sent me a list of CV to reset and we are back up and running.  :)

As he sent me a list of CVs, and suggested levels,  re-tuned the audio to my liking.  I now barely hear the prime movers and bell from six or seven feet away but can hear the horns clearly from that distance  A big improvement over the factory volumes which are way too loud.

Last thing I want in the railway room is the bedlam of diesel and steam noises.

Jerrys HO

Roger

Is there any way you can post that list? I wonder if it is the same for all Bachmann's new sound value loco's?

Jerry

hawaiiho

Quote from: Jerrys HO on April 07, 2013, 08:30:21 AM
Roger

Is there any way you can post that list? I wonder if it is the same for all Bachmann's new sound value loco's?

Jerry

I hope this contains some of what you are looking to find.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM%20pages/bachmann/bachmann.php

Towards the bottom of the page are the Sound Value decoder CVs.

rogertra

hawaiiho

Thanks for posting the link.  Much more complete than my list.  :)