New products Bachmann should look at making......

Started by gardendepot, February 21, 2013, 10:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardendepot

I think Bachmann should make a working EZ Track crossing gate with real working lights and bell sounds, Have it start working by movement on the rails by photocell. You could make 2 versions, a regular crossing signal one and one with gates.. Also would like to see EZ Track railroad signals that would change color or position when the trains runs over a photocell, could make B&O style, Pennsy style, search light style and etc.. This would be a great move for bachmann for their EZ Track fans.. ;D

Pacific Northern

They do, check the products section on this site, type in crossing gate..................
Pacific Northern

ryeguyisme

i think he's talking about actual motorizing crossing gates not the gravity activated gates we see

gardendepot

I'm talking about motorized units on crossing gates, working lights and bell sound, where the loco can be 18"inches from the crossing and they start working so when the train is at the crossing the signals are already down, would like to see this in the ez track line as I stated above, the use of photocell or IR could be used. this would also work with trackside signals but right at the signal so it would change from green to red and after the train passes it then it would hold at red for 10 sec then go to yellow for 5 sec then back to green until another train passes the signal, these all made with the ez track system..

uscgtanker

Get 2 photo sensors place one on each side of the crossing. wire all that up with a off delay relay so the gates and lights go up a few seconds after the train goes through.

electrical whiz kid

Having not seen these crossing setups, my guess is that the gates move kind of unrealistlcally fast.  On thqt premise, you cold dampen them wit hsome thick lube maybe.
Rich C.