What Roadnames Would You Like to See?

Started by FlatoniaSubdivision1994, April 07, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatoniaSubdivision1994

Okay.What roadnames  would you like to see on Bachmann locos?
Here's my list:
Katy.1950's red&silver/early 60's"Deramus Red".
MoPac.Preferrably in the original 1940's-1962 blue and white scheme not 1962-82"Jenks Blue".
T&P.
ATSF Blue&Yellow scheme for the F7A-B set.

jward

most of the ones on my list have already been done. what I would like to see are new numbers on these locomotives on future runs.

my votes, chessie system gp9s in both the former b&o and c&o styles. b&o's had the cat herald on the long hood, c&o's on the short hood. also chessie gp35s, b&o gp40s. perhaps a reading gp35. various makes and models in the early conrail patched paint schemes. southern f7s, that's about it for me.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

AndyJB

These days I'm only working on my Grandsons "Thomas" railroad but when I had my own CP CN railroad about 50% of my roster was made up of undecorated motive power. I enjoyed painting, adding the decals and any small detail parts. Many times a manufacturer will bring out a new loco and often only two road numbers buying and decorating locos means you can have as many road numbers as the prototype.

rogertra

Surely the question should be: -

"What accurate road names would you like to see?"

In other words, not the Russian 2-10-0 in any old road name but only in the road names for the railroads that actually used the Russian 2-10-0 as modelled by Bachmann.

So no Canadian road names on American versions of diesels, no American road names on models of locos any chosen road name did not run etc., etc..

phillyreading

I would like to see Reading Lines or Strasburg PA railroads.
What I realy want to see made, Bachmann may say is too small a market to go after, Philadelphia & Reading RR steam engines. The P & R predates the Pennsy by 30 years, so I was hoping that somebody would do something for one of the earliest railroads in Pennsylvania.

Lee F.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: phillyreading on April 09, 2013, 04:16:03 PM
What I realy want to see made, Bachmann may say is too small a market to go after, Philadelphia & Reading RR steam engines. The P & R predates the Pennsy by 30 years, so I was hoping that somebody would do something for one of the earliest railroads in Pennsylvania.

Lee F.

Thirty-odd years ago, when Mantua reintroduced the 0-4-0 camelback in RTR, you could get it with the tender lettered either Reading or Philadelphia & Reading. I ordered and got one with the P & R lettering.

I'm sure there are licensing issues involved with the Strasburg road name. I haven't been in the shop at the railroad for several years, but for a while, anyway, they sold rolling stock with the Strasburg road name on it. From time to time some of the passenger cars turn up on eBay.

Meanwhile, back about the same time I got the P & R 0-4-0 camelback, I decorated a coach and combine for the Strasburg myself. This was back when the railroad ran two trains in two different paint schemes, one red and one yellow. I bought a Mantua 1890 coach and combine that were already painted yellow. I painted the letterboards green and the roofs gray, and then, using individual alphabet decals, I applied the road name to the letterboards. The real challenge was the car heralds. I used the heads of oval street signs to get the shape, painted them green, and then spelled out the car names in very small decals.

I don't think my eyes could handle spelling out "Eshleman Run" in tiny decals anymore!  :D

Joe323

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on April 10, 2013, 03:02:18 PM
Quote from: phillyreading on April 09, 2013, 04:16:03 PM

Lee F.

Thirty-odd years ago, when Mantua reintroduced the 0-4-0 camelback in RTR, you could get it with the tender lettered either Reading or Philadelphia & Reading. I ordered and got one with the P & R lettering.

I'm sure there are licensing issues involved with the Strasburg road name. I haven't been in the shop at the railroad for several years, but for a while, anyway, they sold rolling stock with the Strasburg road name on it. From time to time some of the passenger cars turn up on eBay.

Meanwhile, back about the same time I got the P & R 0-4-0 camelback, I decorated a coach and combine for the Strasburg myself. This was back when the railroad ran two trains in two different paint schemes, one red and one yellow. I bought a Mantua 1890 coach and combine that were already painted yellow. I painted the letterboards green and the roofs gray, and then, using individual alphabet decals, I applied the road name to the letterboards. The real challenge was the car heralds. I used the heads of oval street signs to get the shape, painted them green, and then spelled out the car names in very small decals.

I don't think my eyes could handle spelling out "Eshleman Run" in tiny decals anymore!  :D

I have no doubt Licensing is an issue with Strasburg Lionel Produces is Strasburg set.  Natually I would love to see my RR produced but since that won't happen I paint the locos etc myself.