Main Menu

Season 17

Started by Fergusfan17, April 09, 2013, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorran202

Quote from: Shawn on April 22, 2013, 10:58:45 PM
Quote from: Zorran202 on April 22, 2013, 09:38:20 PM
Quote from: Anthony P2 on April 18, 2013, 07:14:55 PM
i kind of find it hard to believe Thomas having a low budget. Thomas is a muti-MILLION dollar gold mine! they only switched the CGI because they didn't want to pay the taxes on it. they went from really good CGI, for a kids program, to not that great CGI. this situation is what I call "The Miller Effect" story lines go down, CGI goes up. Story lines go up, CGI goes down. just goes to show "you can't win!" -Duke
I wouldn't say taxes would be the sole reason for Thomas to turn into CGI.  Keeping the show the traditional model format would've been more expensive (as years go by that is) due to them building engines (some very useless ones at that), locations, etc. as well as filming costs as well. It was also since that the majority of kids shows and/or movies are all into the CGI format (as seen in Disney, Dreamworks, etc.), from what I recall reading somewhere.

I think what anthony meant was taxes motivated the move of production from British Columbia to Ontario.

I know, I was adding onto why Thomas and Friends moved productions. Don't worry.

Fergusfan17

Whois excited for kotr?!?!?

DinoNTrains

Is this going to air before King of the Railway? If so, it's almost like how Season 15 aired before DOTD......
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Zorran202

This would be true, for the UK that is. The US will get the episodes in October 7th.

DinoNTrains

Good point on that one
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Zorran202

More episode titles: Henry's Hero, Luke's New Friend, The Switch, and Not Now Charlie.

thomasj219

I have a feeling "The Switch" will be a Brenner episode.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Shawn

DUCK HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO APPEAR IN HENRY'S HERO!! :)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Shawn on May 29, 2013, 08:25:04 PM
DUCK HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO APPEAR IN HENRY'S HERO!! :)
How did you find out?? This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

ThomasFan247

"CGI animated escapades with the famous little blue engine, based on the much-loved books by Rev W Awdry. Henry and Hiro are both very strong engines, but one day as they are working together they both start to billow dark smoke from their funnels. Duck tells them that they must have taken on some of the bad coal that was delivered that morning. Henry is worried that the bad coal will damage his firebox, while Hiro wants to keep on puffing and deliver their heavy load on his own. Will Hiro be able to manage without Henry's help?"

My life has meaning once more.

Zorran202

This year is apparently a great year for Duck: he's being released for the Bachmann range, the take n play range, and will show up in the upcoming episode, Henry's Hero. :P

Oh yeah, and Season 17 started airing starting with Kevin's Cranky Friend yesterday and then Scruff's Makeover today in the UK. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the 5th episode, Calm Down Caitlin.

http://thesifblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/news-series-17-voice-cast-changes.html

Ahh yes, and some voice actors had left the series which then made some changes.

Chaz

Just saw Calm Down Caitlin.  Here are my thoughts:
There is only one fault I have with this episode which is how Sodor has become so uptight with the engines working at night.  It's been regular throughout the series, even in full CGI (See James in the Dark).  When I saw the preview I had a bit of a vibe that it would be like Early Bird, however after watching the episode, I found Early Bird to be far worse since it contradicts the third season episode Thomas, Percy and the mail train completely.  Plus it's not like Thomas hadn't pulled the mail train recently before then (See Thomas and the Spaceship).  But back to Calm Down Caitlin, given that this is about a newer character in hand, and how the pros outweigh the cons in this episode I find this to be nowhere near as bad as The Early Bird.  
That being said the pros did outweigh the cons as the mail train was being pulled at night (which is rarity in some instances nowadays), the flying kipper always gets an A in my book, and I loved the scenery throughout the episode.  Particularly final scene with Caitlin going across the Vicarstown bridge at the end of the episode.  However the quote coming from Gordon "Do you streamlined engines ever stop?" won this episode over for me.  

Looking forward to week 2!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

therailwayinspector

For those who are so anxious to see Henry's Hero...

http://youtu.be/6CAGiDAH_aU?a

(Skip to 1:08 for a talking Duck.)
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures