News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Season 17

Started by Fergusfan17, April 09, 2013, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGWR

Yeah, that would actually make sense and explain Duncan's absence ( from the show perspective)

Fergusfan17

What was the other reason?

Zorran202

Remember when Nitrogen visited the Talyllyn Railway, they looked over the engines that were working at the time, except for Douglas (Duncan's basis) since he went through an overhaul, so they couldn't render him just yet? Yeah, sums up perfectly.

Btw, if anyone noticed why I posted these links here, you'll find out soon enough! ;)

https://twitter.com/Dalekslayer1/status/362508723186454528/photo/1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=489885894421947&set=a.338714886205716.76577.159895580754315&type=1&theater

DinoNTrains

This is awesome! Good to see the China Clay Twins are returning.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Shawn

I'm not sure if that's legit, but they sound great!

thomasj219

If it's on the Wiki and still on the Wiki, it is. They are Really Reliable.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Anthony P2

They got the episodes from the PBS website so I'm pretty sure they're legit. Seems like a good year for the series!

Calebtrain

Umm....the summaries of the episodes was on the wiki too. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Chaz

I can't judge episodes solely on summaries alone, but I can certainly say a couple of things..

One, 20 episodes for season 17.  I saw this one coming.  I never understood where people got the idea there would be 26.  Not that I'm arguing against it, but seeing as how they have done 20 episodes plus a special since season 12 I don't see how they would change that tradition.  Plus a special is worth about six episodes when you really think about it, so it really isn't so much of a loss.  However, if they do have six more episodes but are saving them for a later time, then I honestly wouldn't mind that.  The more the merrier.  If not though, I'm honestly perfectly fine with what we got.

Another is the fact that old characters are getting big roles.  Duck is playing a lead role in an episode with Thomas, we haven't had this since season 4.  It's even bigger than roles he's had since seasons 5 and 6, so it'll be interesting to see how that will play out.  Bill and Ben are also sharing a role with Connor, and we haven't had an episode starring those two since season 7.  Both of these I welcome with open arms!  No idea if Jack will appear in any episodes anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind if they skipped a season with him.  Seeing Jack alone without the rest of the pack really makes him stand out.  At least Alfie would be nice to see if they were gonna bring Jack back...

Sidney coming back was a given, and I am open to the idea of Paxton getting his own episode.  I even like how Stephen is sharing some roles with Percy, I have a feeling that these will play well.  Flynn and Belle though...?  Honestly, I never understood the fascination with both of these characters.  Belle is one of my least favorite characters in the series.  The fact that she's a steam engine who shoots out water is extremely bizarre, and her personality I find to be rather annoying.  Not as bad as the logging locos, but admittedly I find Charlie more enjoyable than her.  Flynn I find to be more tolerable, but him getting an episode three seasons in a row is pushing it for me.

The biggest surprise for me though is the fact that Diesel 10 of all characters is appearing in an episode.  Diesel 10 was a movie/special character.  I'm honestly not sure what to think of this, I feel like it'll either be a real hit or miss with what they are going to do with him.  Either way, definitely an interesting move on the writers part and I'm looking forward to seeing how this will play out.  

Overall though, I'm excited for these new episodes!  Looking forward to when they air :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Zorran202

Quote from: Calebtrain on August 11, 2013, 07:24:30 PM
I'm sure he posted it there just to make sure it is 100% legit.

However,
Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on August 11, 2013, 08:05:57 PM
I can't judge episodes solely on summaries alone, but I can certainly say a couple of things..

One, 20 episodes for season 17.  I saw this one coming.  I never understood where people got the idea there would be 26.  Not that I'm arguing against it, but seeing as how they have done 20 episodes plus a special since season 12 I don't see how they would change that tradition.  Plus a special is worth about six episodes when you really think about it, so it really isn't so much of a loss.  However, if they do have six more episodes but are saving them for a later time, then I honestly wouldn't mind that.  The more the merrier.  If not though, I'm honestly perfectly fine with what we got.

Another is the fact that old characters are getting big roles.  Duck is playing a lead role in an episode with Thomas, we haven't had this since season 4.  It's even bigger than roles he's had since seasons 5 and 6, so it'll be interesting to see how that will play out.  Bill and Ben are also sharing a role with Connor, and we haven't had an episode starring those two since season 7.  Both of these I welcome with open arms!  No idea if Jack will appear in any episodes anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind if they skipped a season with him.  Seeing Jack alone without the rest of the pack really makes him stand out.  At least Alfie would be nice to see if they were gonna bring Jack back...

Sidney coming back was a given, and I am open to the idea of Paxton getting his own episode.  I even like how Stephen is sharing some roles with Percy, I have a feeling that these will play well.  Flynn and Belle though...?  Honestly, I never understood the fascination with both of these characters.  Belle is one of my least favorite characters in the series.  The fact that she's a steam engine who shoots out water is extremely bizarre, and her personality I find to be rather annoying.  Not as bad as the logging locos, but admittedly I find Charlie more enjoyable than her.  Flynn I find to be more tolerable, but him getting an episode three seasons in a row is pushing it for me.

The biggest surprise for me though is the fact that Diesel 10 of all characters is appearing in an episode.  Diesel 10 was a movie/special character.  I'm honestly not sure what to think of this, I feel like it'll either be a real hit or miss with what they are going to do with him.  Either way, definitely an interesting move on the writers part and I'm looking forward to seeing how this will play out. 

Overall though, I'm excited for these new episodes!  Looking forward to when they air :)
Question: how do you explain the remaining episode titles "Spills and Thrills," "The Rocket Returns," and "No More Mr. Nice Engine"? Here's my proof: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Spills-Thrills-Pictureback/dp/0385375085/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375882651&sr=8-2&keywords=thomas+and+friends+2014

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Returns-Thomas-Friends-Reading/dp/0385373848/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2

They clearly did say 26 episodes, with the last three remaining episodes a mystery... After all, the DVD release of Spills and Thrills will be released next year, but that's all the info I remember.

But yeah, I'm on board with you on the sheer fact that why Diesel 10 would show up, unless if it was a typo hopefully... King of the Railway is definitely one thing, but Season 17 is another story. XD

Chaz

Quote from: Zorran202 on August 12, 2013, 02:16:38 AM
Question: how do you explain the remaining episode titles "Spills and Thrills," "The Rocket Returns," and "No More Mr. Nice Engine"? Here's my proof: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Spills-Thrills-Pictureback/dp/0385375085/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375882651&sr=8-2&keywords=thomas+and+friends+2014

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Returns-Thomas-Friends-Reading/dp/0385373848/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2

They clearly did say 26 episodes, with the last three remaining episodes a mystery... After all, the DVD release of Spills and Thrills will be released next year, but that's all the info I remember.

They could pull what they did with Engines and Escapades for season 11 and save the other six for later.  It's hard to tell at this point with the little information provided about those three episodes.

I'm allowed to have my doubts, on something that's been a tradition for something that's been going on for five years.  Again though, I'm open to there being more episodes in the future, it's just hard to tell with what information we were given.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Zorran202

I can understand... After all, we still have like two more months until these episodes air either on TV or straight to DVD release...

Fergusfan17

Quote from: Calebtrain on August 11, 2013, 07:24:30 PM
UMMM I know.....
:'(