News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Motorized Turntable

Started by pilotdb18, April 09, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdb18

I'm trying once again to see if anyone can help me.  I tried calling Bachmann directly but no one called me back.  I'm very frustrated with them. Can anyone give me a step by step procedure on how to program the Bachmann motorized turntable using the Prodigy DCC System.
Someone said to program it just like a LOCO, but that's no entirely true.  I've learned since then that you need to do this through the ACCY mode.  I know the default address for the turntable is supposed to be 3, but I'm just not having any luck.  I tried a procedure by puttin gin CV 513, but all that did was start one of the locos running on the track. 

I'm ready to tear my hair out and my next step is just to put the regular decoder back in and operate it off a separate power pack using a normal DC hookup.  Can anyone rescue me from this frustrating ordeal--it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Pilotdb18

the Bach-man

Dear Pilot,
I told you exactly how to do it. Address the turntable decoder as a locomotive.  The speed is controlled by the throttle and the direction of rotation is controlled by the direction arrows.
You can do it!
the Bach-man

pilotdb18

Thanks again, but I tried it probably twenty times and nothing works.  I even swap out the decoder and put the original back in and hooked it up for normal DC operation and that doesn't even work.  I'm convinced I have a defective turntable.  Thanks again for your help.

the Bach-man

Dear pilot,
Make sure the turntable is aligned correctly. The lead track (the one with the wires visible underneath) must be connected to the layout proper.
Let us know...
Good luck!
the Bach-man