News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2007 Catalog

Started by Stephen D. Richards, February 09, 2007, 08:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen D. Richards

Bach Man,
       Just received your new catalog last evening and was excited and pleased with what I read and saw.  Very well laid out.  Kudo's to you.  I do however, just couldn't seem to get by without a complaint could I, (lol)  I noticed that you no longer advertise the 55 ton Climax in HO scale.  I do understand the possible economics but it seems such a shame.  I have not yet been able to purchase the Climax.  The #3 Moore-Keppel is currently running where I live, or about an hour away.  Great little steam engine!  I also noted that the HO scale 80 ton Shay no is no longer advertised with the Cass Scenic Railroad decoration!  That's a shame too!  I am an hour from Cass WV and that is the icon of timbering in WV!  Just had to relay my dissapointment but I do understand if no one but me buys them you can't very well continue to make them.  I do have a question for you though, is it possible to get the Cass decals and I can decorated and number the undec Shays?  I know I can get them made but it might be better if they were available from Bachmann.  Thanks for all the effort Bachmann has made this past year and to a catalog well worth waiting for!  Stephen

Yorkie

Bach Man,

I also received my catalog yesterday and would like to say "excellent job"!

Yorkie

the Bach-man

Dear Stephen,
We can't make every loco every year. I'm sure at some point the Climax will return, and until then, they are still available from some dealers.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Stephen D. Richards

Bach-man
Thanks for the reply.  I do understand the economics but I had just read through the catalog and it was like the little boy who knew he was getting candy and then didn't!  lol  My post had several unexpected results though and it looks as if I will still get my Climaxes!  I do want to say that over the last six months I have had the opportunity to run and work on older Bachmann's and new ones.  I've compared them with new Kato and Atherns.  I must say they are as good as or better than any Kato or Athern made today.  There has been a lot of work on Bachmann's part over the last 10 years and it shows.  Again just wanted to say keep up the great work!