News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Advice on ON30 DCC replacement

Started by Hdymek, August 23, 2007, 04:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hdymek

Hi Everyone;

I have a Bachmann Thomas KINKADE Christmas Train Set Hawthorne Village.  As we all know this is a DC version.  I would like to convert it into a DCC version. That is change the entire engine out and replace it with a similar engine that is DCC enabled (Sound would be great).  What Bachmann DCC ON30 engine would be the easiest to swap one for one?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

the Bach-man

Dear Henry,
If you want a Christmas locomotive you'll have to do the conversion yourself.
There are several sound decoders that can be used.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hunt

No swap (at present time).

Here is one way... if your modeling and electronic skills are up to it
Click http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/mogul_tsunami/

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Please forgive my confusion here,  but the way the question was asked has done just that,   confused me.

I would like to convert it into a DCC version. That is change the entire engine out and replace it with a similar engine that is DCC enabled (Sound would be great) - sounds like the author wants to convert the engine he currently has,  and in that case,  Hunt's advise is right on.

What Bachmann DCC ON30 engine would be the easiest to swap one for one? - sounds to me as if the author is asking for a suggestion as to what to look for as a replacement of his current engine.   In that case,  look at the Bachmann On30 2-8-0 w/dcc&sound on board.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Hdymek

Sorry about the confusion.  What I would like to do is take the shell off of the current engine then find a suitable DCC model that I can exchange the shell.  So I’m looking for an ON30 DCC train that is similar to my DC train.  Then all I have to do is exchange the shell.   2 similar trains one is DC the other is DCC/sound then exchange the shells.

Hdymek

By the way the "Bachmann Thomas KINKADE Christmas Train Set Hawthorne Village" is a 2-6-0 engine. So what other model Bachmann engine matches that format that has DCC/Sound if any?

OldStone

Hdymek:
There is no different Bachmann On30  2-6-0 with or without DCC to put your shell on.  You are back to the excellent advice offered by Hunt and EBTBOB.
OldStone, O & W Rwy