News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A Consolidation Too Far?

Started by jonathan, April 23, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

OK.  This is Connie number 6 on my roster.  With each loco project, I try to go a step further in detail/modification.  With this one, I played with the running boards.  Using a razor saw and hobby knife, produced what is shown below.  

Additionally, I added a CTC signal box and a few extra details to the tender rear.

Regards,

Jonathan

Pilot ladders, shortened, moved back, and secured permanently to the tender deck and cylinder pipes:

Back of boards angled down to meet the bottom of the cab, making a more B&O look:

There are no more brass doghouses in the world market.  This is a Blackstone (HOn3) product.

As posted before, by many wise modelers, never trust the color coding.  On my last connie, green was positive.  This time RED is positive.

To connect the down pieces of the running board, I attached some angle styrene, then shaved back the edges to hide the styrene.  Hope I explained that correctly.

Will post some final pics tomorrow, most likely.  v/r, jv

jonathan

Thanks, Thomas.

As you can see in the final photos, I need to spend more time sanding the smokebox and measuring various pieces of the running board.  Looks a little rough. 

I'll take it as a first try.  Now I know what to improve upon next time.

Regards,

Jonathan

J3a-614

Haven't been around on your material of late, but as always, you do great work, and are an inspiration to all of us.

Of course, I notice you have this little puppy equipped with steam and signal lines for passenger service--nice little relief engine or passenger switcher, perhaps?

Oh, and I ran across this--hope you enjoy it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9977705@N05/sets/72157628365354533/

jonathan

Thanks guys.

Oh, and thanks J3a for noticing the extra lines.  I have to find employment for all the Connies.  I have a P-5a, modified from a USRA Pacific (from another company).  But it's nice to have a stand-by.

That's a lot of Docksiders!  Somebody really likes collecting those babies!

Regards,

Jonathan