what is auto reversing track

Started by GetSmart008, April 25, 2013, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetSmart008

I looked at
18" Radius Curved Electronic Auto-ReversingTrack

and

9" Straight Electronic Auto-Reversing Track

Does this mean there is a auto-reversing curcuit built into the track or what?
Please clarify!!

TIA

BIG BEAR

Getsmart008,
      These 2 items are used to extend a trolley line for HO (&On30) or N scale also .

Enjoy,
   Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Doneldon

Smartie-

No. These tracks do not reverse anything. They just have the extra
conductors which allow them to be used with used with autoreversing
sets like the Christmas Trolley.
                                                -- D

GetSmart008

So why does Bachmann seperate out DCC track vs non-DCC track?

That is in there product directory tree?

Doneldon

Smartie-

Bachmann has no DC vs DCC track; it's all the same. There are special tracks for use with the automatic reversering track for the trolley I mentioned. Those tracks have extra conductors so the reversing track section at one end can signal the other end. I don't know for certain, but I suppose the trolley track can be used for DC or DCC as long as the extra wires are ignored.

There's also an electronic reversing circuit in a box (not a track) which can be used on DCC layouts for things like reverse loops, wye tracks and turntables. This instantly senses the polarity discrepancy when a wheel passes from one polarity to the other, and changes track polarity so fast that the short never registers as a short by the DCC command station and the system is not protectively shut down.

And, there are some adjustments which must be made when using Bachmann crossovers for DCC, but those simple changes are well explained in the package materials.

I hope this clears up some of your confusion about reversers and types of track.
                                                                                                                        -- D