RE: Replacement pilot for Williams F7

Started by WKT58, April 26, 2013, 10:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WKT58

I bought a used Williams F7 A unit that is missing the die cast pilot (painted black).  Is it possible to order this part?  It doesn't show up in the on-line list of available parts.

phillyreading

Is it part of the front coupler assembly? If so you may have to buy the complete coupler assembly. Somebody else on here might know of someone who has that part for sale, so see who replies.

Lee F.

raider409

I would call Bachmann direct.  If that doesn't work go to the O Gauge Railroading site and check the wanted to buy forum.  Someone there more than likely will have one.

WKT58

Thanks for the tip about contacting Bachmann directly.  I got an e-mail reply from the Parts Department at Bachmann, and they said that they do stock the part, but it is out of stock for at least a month. 

By the way, the  dummy A unit shell and frame that I won off of eBay is a rare Williams Chicago & Northwestern F7.  I had originally bid on the powered C&NW F7 and dummy B unit (both selling together), but lost out to a higher bidder.   Apparerently, the seller originally had a C&NW F7 ABA set, and he custom painted the trucks of the powered A and B units to silver.  The dummy A unit was taken apart for unknown reasons (I had to buy the black dummy trucks separately, without the front pilot).  I plan to buy the dummy power upgrade kit, the die cast front pilot, and a True Blast horn board to convert this unit to a powered A unit.  The dummy trucks will supply the side frames and front and rear couplers.