News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc help please

Started by choochoopapa, May 02, 2013, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choochoopapa

I have 2 Bachmann FA2s with dcc/sound. I would like to use them together as one unit. So I need to know if this is possible, by changing cv value. In other words , I need one FA to run in reverse as forward.(switching directions) both using same address.

choochoopapa

Jerrys HO

Which controller are you using? Is it DCC or DC?
Most instructions for your controller will include how to do this. On my EZ Command you just program the rear engine to run in reverse with the same address as the first engine running in the forward direction. When doing this you will have to program them seperately then lash them up.
Jerry

choochoopapa

I use prodigy advanced. It has consisting, bu I would prefer not doing it that way.

bapguy

Two things: speed match the loco's. Get them to run as close to the same speed as you can,CV29 is used to change the direction of travel. Tonys train exchange has a CV29 table to help out on this.  Joe

choochoopapa

I am still lost. Would it maybe easier to reverse wires from motor to decoder to change direction?

richg

Quote from: choochoopapa on May 02, 2013, 07:42:58 PM
I am still lost. Would it maybe easier to reverse wires from motor to decoder to change direction?

No it would not be easier to remove the shell, get your soldering iron out ans reverse the wires.

One of the many advantages of DCC is that you can do this digitally.
Take time to learn how to use your DCC system.

Rich

Doneldon

chooch-

Programming your following unit to run opposite the lead locomotive isn't hard. Try that first. You may or may not need to speed match. Reverse the operation of your trailing unit first and see if the two operate smoothly together. If so, you don't need to speed match. If not, you will need to speed match for smoothness, reduced wear on your locos and maybe even better tracking.
                                                      -- D