News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Turntable and dcc

Started by dd40ax, May 09, 2013, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd40ax

Installed the turntable with Bachmann decoder. Have NCE DCC control system. How do I program TT as there appears to be no option for placing it in program mode, as the dcc switches have the "button" . Also is there a way to program an individual track to stop at or is it done only by sight?

Thanks

richg

Quote from: dd40ax on May 09, 2013, 08:25:14 PM
Installed the turntable with Bachmann decoder. Have NCE DCC control system. How do I program TT as there appears to be no option for placing it in program mode, as the dcc switches have the "button" . Also is there a way to program an individual track to stop at or is it done only by sight?

Thanks

What does the below mean?
as the dcc switches have the "button"

Seeing the spring load switch, this tells me you align by eye when using the switch.
The decoder must plug in and bypass the spring loaded switch which allows you to operate the turntable motor via the speed control on the NCE Cab.
Possibly the turntable allows using the switch and using the DCC controller when not near the switch.

At least that is what Obvious Man told me as we have not seen any kind of manual or diagram.

Without any kind of feedback in the turntable, there is no way the controller would know where the bridge is. A digital encoder attached the the bridge would be needed for feedback. The decoder only does what the controller tells it what to do. Then you would need a decoder to interpret the digital data from the encoder.
It probably could be one with photo cells but any TT with this kind of control you are looking for would cost quite a lot more than Bachmann charges.

Rich

richg

A few years ago our club modified a Walther's TT by attaching an unused non sound decoder to the motor. Align by eye. I made an electronic bell circuit that gongs as the TT is operated. Some use a red light bulb or red LED indicator for a warning.

Rich

richd286

The decoder allows you to treat the turntable as another mobile decoder ( like an engine). default for new decoder is 3,  change address to whatever # you wish.  The speed adjustment of the turntable is controlled like the speed  of an engine.