News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My latest Wal-Mart HO vehicle find

Started by Paul M., August 25, 2007, 04:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul M.

I've found another source of inexpensive HO scale vehicles at Wal-Mart.

Hot Wheels has joined the bandwagon and are now selling HO vehicles in plastic display boxes. So far I've seen a hot rod, a tan 2005 Mustang GT, a VW Beetle, a Dodge Charger and a few other cars. They're about $2.99 each, and they look all right. I bought the hot rod.

So, now we have Hot Wheels HO scale cars in addition to our Malibu ex- MP cars, Peterbuilt trucks, race cars, and cars w/ trailers. And don't forget the Fresh Cherries.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

SteamGene

I think Imay have more vehicles than I will have road space for them.  I don't remember traffic jams in the Shenandoah Valley in 1957!  :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

NaugyRR

What I've been using even though it's not to scale but still close is the Ertl John Deere 1/64 die-cast

Jay

Our Walmart put the Norscott Cat vehicles on their clearance rack for under 5.00.  So a construction crew I have now.
Jay Johnson
The Roundhouse
www.trainweb.org/theroundhouse

Paul M.

Quote from: Jay on August 27, 2007, 04:58:59 PM
Our Walmart put the Norscott Cat vehicles on their clearance rack for under 5.00.  So a construction crew I have now.

I think Model Railroad News had an article on them once. It turns out most of them aren't HO or N, but somewhere in the middle. In other words, they're designed to fit the package. On the other hand, one is very close to perfect HO scale.

-Paul
[

Paul M.

I haven't been able to find the Fresh Cherries at either of the two Wallie Worlds I live nearby to. I may have to ask my LHS to special order the Fresh Cherry I'd like for me.

-Paul
[

Derek O

Just delivered to Canada - found them in Toronto area Walmart!

1/87 Hot Wheels, Fresh Cherries and Malibu line arrived together!

My son is overjoyed "look dad they're all in plastic cases they must be good!".  My credit card just took another beating; but good value for the quality of model.

Paul M.

-Paul
[