News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

large scale chassis #s

Started by gerry1949, November 19, 2016, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry1949

i have to replace chassis on 3 locomotives. i need cross reference the #s on the website to the old #s.
the #s are 90016, 90021, and 90095. can you help me out? Thanks

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi gerry,

I am not sure I totally understand what you are asking, but unfortunately the currently available chassis for your 4-6-0's are not exact matches for your locomotives as far as matching the paint.  your B&O 90016 has the blue painted chassis and steam chests and driver counterweights.  For your B&O locomotive you would have to buy the best possible match and paint the chassis parts to match the boiler.  The same is true for your 90021 Circus locomotive, it has the red steam chests and wheel spokes so again you would have to buy the best possible match and paint the chassis parts to match the red on the boiler air tanks.

As for the 90059 White pass loco it seems the replacement chassis 90031 is very close here is the link:
http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_671_669&products_id=4086

If the paint match is not important or if you are willing to do a little painting you could buy three of the above chassis and just live with them or do the painting.

The plus side is that this chassis is on sale for $40 and it is the latest Big Hauler version 5 chassis.

Have fun!!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!