News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

warranty question

Started by annoyed_dad, May 08, 2013, 08:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annoyed_dad

My son got an HO starter set for Christmas 2012.  After about 4 times using the set, the engine broke.  electricity was going to it, the motor inside sounded like it was turning, but it wouldn't move.  seemed like gears may have broken somehow while it was in the box. 

since it was less than a year since purchase, I sent it in (at my expense) to be repaired or replaced.  got it back in about 2 weeks and the VERY FIRST TIME we used it it made it halfway around the track before the same thing happened.  doesn't seem like a good fix was made assuming it was repaired and not replaced.  can't get an answer as to whether the original train was fixed or whether a new one was sent that broke in the exact same way......

It appears my only option again is to send it in at my OWN EXPENSE and hope this time for a different result with no confidence in that happening based on my first experience.  Wondering what others have experienced with warranty returns with the company and what other choice I may have?  Pretty soon my postage cost sending this back for repair will be more than the price of the train set.....

But they have me hooked because my kid can't understand how Santa's elves can't fix his train.  Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

the Bach-man

Dear Dad,
Please contact Laura Harris at (215)533-1600 and explain the situation.  She'll take care of it.
Thanks!
the Bach-man