News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

F7A sound value

Started by bapguy, May 09, 2013, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bapguy

The Santa FE sound value F7A has dual head lights. Does any one know if has an LED for each head light or 1 LED for both? Thanks. Joe

richg

I looked at some sound value F7A's in You Tube and only the top headlight light works. The lower Mars does not or the user did not activate it even when the loco was moving.
Probably a cost saving by Bachmann but that is my opinion.
Makes sense though as all the different road name are the same running gear and not all have the Mars light.
The different ads I saw make no mention of a working Mars light. The manufactures that sell locos with a working Mars light will tell you it is a working light so never assume.
I am sure others will chime in.
I have a BLI F7 and the Mars light does work when the loco is moving.

Rich

Joe Baldwin

This thread is well named for my question(s).

1 - What Airhorn options are offered for the F7A?
2 - Anyone have a default CV list of the F7?  It is not listed on the Bachmann website download site.
3 - Anyone have any news on Bachmann offering the Sound Value option to the GP38-2 or GP40 and the GP9?

BTW, the F7B units have the Bell and Airhorn volume turned off as the default setting.  Easy to rectify in JMRI (use the ALCO FA decoder setting).

Thanks!
Joe Daddy

Jerrys HO

J Daddy

Here is the link to SoundTraxx's factory installed  cv's. Bachmann's sound value loco's are equipped with Soundtraxx decoders specially designed by and for Bachmann.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM%20pages/bachmann/bachmann.php

Wish they would put sound in the GP's.

Jerry

bapguy

Some one on the Model Railroad Hobbiest forum said he heard from an "official" from Bachmann the GP7 was next to get sound some time this year.  Joe

richg

Quote from: Joe_Daddy on May 10, 2013, 04:28:00 PM
This thread is well named for my question(s).

1 - What Airhorn options are offered for the F7A?
2 - Anyone have a default CV list of the F7?  It is not listed on the Bachmann website download site.
3 - Anyone have any news on Bachmann offering the Sound Value option to the GP38-2 or GP40 and the GP9?

BTW, the F7B units have the Bell and Airhorn volume turned off as the default setting.  Easy to rectify in JMRI (use the ALCO FA decoder setting).

Thanks!

You are trying to hijack a thread. You would do better by starting your own thread.

Rich

Joe Baldwin

Quote from: richg on May 11, 2013, 12:58:15 PM

You are trying to hijack a thread. You would do better by starting your own thread.

Rich

I doubt anyone looking for information about a Bachmann F7 with Value Sound would agree with you, sir.
Joe Daddy

Joe Baldwin

Quote from: Jerrys HO on May 10, 2013, 05:07:25 PM
J Daddy

Here is the link to SoundTraxx's factory installed  cv's. Bachmann's sound value loco's are equipped with Soundtraxx decoders specially designed by and for Bachmann.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM%20pages/bachmann/bachmann.php

Wish they would put sound in the GP's.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for posting the link, however, I could not find the F7 before or after   ;D you shared the link.

Joe
Joe Daddy