News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Grand Central Station

Started by Joe323, May 10, 2013, 07:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe323

Is anyone else going to the parade of trains at Grand Central Station this weekend?

CNE Runner

Gosh, I hope not. Grand Central (assuming you are referring to the one in N.Y.C.) is a terminal...not a station. Any "Parade of Trains" would end up against a cement wall (excepting the subway level).
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

TimR

jbrock27

A guy from Alabamy correcting a guy from Staten Island about how to refer to Grand Central Station/Terminal-That's what I love about this board ::)

No I won't be going.  But I did have a few drinks at one time in the bar downstairs.
Keep Calm and Carry On

john tricarico

went late this morning
jammed packed ,, bigger crowds than last year, metro north polcie were telling people there a 2 hour wait for the parade of trains display,,,i did not wait on line,
went into vanderbilt hall,, jammed packed had many dealers selling new and old model trains,,, the chuggington display you couldnt get near packed with parents and kids,, this was a very successful train day show

jbrock27

All in all, was it worth fightin the crowds?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Joe323

Actually they had us sitting in Metro North Cars for about 30 minutes before we were called to view the cars.  I thought Metro North did a pretty good job handling the crowds.  

Vanderbuilt hall was too small for the vendor/layout/kids area.  Only saw maybe half the vendors.

Joe323