News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Value of Bachmann Train Sets

Started by Charles Baldeck, August 25, 2007, 07:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.cprmier

Rich, all true - but did you see what a Life Like (?) early McDonald's hamburger stand goes for now?

Gene;
The point I was trying to make per plastic kits, etc, is that, given the moulds are already there for the production, all that is needed is the demand.  Apparently, the "Golden Arches" Aren't an integral part of most layouts these days.  I am sure that if-say enough young modellers got into the hobby, then the demand would possibly increase proportionately.

Case in point:  Revell's old bakery.  Have any idea as to how many companies have owned those moulds?  At least five.  Like anything else of an investment/marketing/production nature, this stuff has some of the elements of a crap shoot.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

Rich,
The McDonald's kits, when found, are very expensive.  Apparently the kit came out about the time that Mickey D started going to the sit in format and they sued for copyright infringement and the mold was destroyed. 
So unlike the Revell bakery, nobody else has used it.   >:(
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

macmack

Didn't Mantua/Tyco have to pull a HO scale "Disneyland & Santa Fe" train set due to copyright infringement?  Last time I saw one was on eBay about 8 years ago.  The listing only included the loco & 3 passenger cars, no box or anything else.  It sold for about $6000.