Best way to attach EZ track to form - type of gum?

Started by custerg911, May 11, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

custerg911

New to forum - so ? may have been asked before. EZ track on both flat and grade.

Thanks

CurtN

Doneldon

Curt-

You'll get a ton of different answers to your question, all of which might be correct.

I like using either plastic-safe construction adhesive (Liquid Nails for Projects is a good one) or clear latex caulk. Just spread a thin coat on the foam and set your track in place. In the alternative, put globs of adhesive on the lowest parts of the track and push it down. Don't use anything under your switches; they'll do better if you let them float. The caulk will allow you to remove the track fairly easily if you need/want to. Construction adhesive is a little harder to defeat.
                      -- D

custerg911

Thanks JerryHO and Doneldon:

Have you tried Foam Tack Glue by Woodland Scenic on cork or their foam incline/riser products?

Curt

Jerrys HO

I have used the foam tack glue for my risers and foam board but find liquid nails or latex caulking works just as well.

Jerry

Doneldon

custer-

No. I've only used caulk and Liquid Nails for Projects. The tacky stuff might work but it's
really not intended to be a permanent bond so I don't think I'd use it for this purpose. It's
great for the things it's designed for.
                                                           -- D

Jerrys HO

D

QuoteThe tacky stuff might work but it's
really not intended to be a permanent bond so I don't think I'd use it for this purpose.
The foam tack glue was designed for foam board and risers. It also states it can be used on cork and wood.
In the section of my layout where it was used it is holding strong. I switched to latex caulking as it is cheaper and holds to the foam board just as good. As for liquid nails, it lays on thick and if you don't spread it it actually indented the foam and did not stick as well as the latex.

Jerry