News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Help Thread

Started by TobyTheTram16, May 11, 2013, 11:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBModels

QuoteI think most likely get the answer you need by posting this on the Hornby Forum.

Is it the Hornby Thomas & Friends Flying Scotsman you have problems with? I can only imagine it is this one, as you are posting it in the Thomas & Friends section.

No, it is not a Hornby Thomas Flying Scotsman. It is a regular Hornby Flying Scotsman.

I posted this under the Bachmann Thomas forum as I know a good number of users are from the UK and may have an idea on how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.  :)

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #75 By TBModels: I suggest you get into contact with the Model Railway Doctor at http://www.modelrailwaydoctor.co.uk/. My Dad has sent loads of different Locomotives off to him for all sorts of motor problems and he never declined any of them, and he made them all run as if they where brand new, after their operation's!

I suggest though you get into contact with him first though, before you send off your Loco to him, so he knows to expect your package and he has a rough idea of what to do, and I imagine he will give an estimated cost at the time of what he will charge you for it.

Chaz

Quote from: Racing James! on January 31, 2016, 03:17:06 PM
Hey everyone,
Any ideas on replacing buffers for engines? Some of my engines are missing a few, notables include Edward and Diesel...

The parts catalog doesn't offer buffers as a separate sale item for either of these two characters.  You can however look into purchasing a new body shell for $15-20 which has the buffers included if you feel like replacing the body shells on your current models.  Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting the service department and having your models replaced.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Edward is five years old, Diesel is four, and normal wear and tear has broken the buffers off. I don't have the original packaging, nor do I have the receipts from either purchases. Would Bachmann still replace them? (My best guess is a resounding YES, APPARENTLY :D! :P)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Chaz

Actually yes you can!  Bachmann products have a lifetime warranty.  You have to pay $25 for maintenance/replacement.  Otherwise yes you can return any of the products regardless of when you purchase them and they can fix/replace them for you.

Quote from: Chaz on February 02, 2016, 05:10:08 PM
Actually yes you can!  Bachmann products have a lifetime warranty.  You have to pay $25 for maintenance/replacement.  Otherwise yes you can return any of the products regardless of when you purchase them and they can fix/replace them for you.

So I could return any of my broken models, even if they don't have a receipt or anything?

Chaz

Yes you can do that.  They have fixed some of my previous models before, Edward in particular actually by coincidence. If you had the model for under a year they will fix/replace the model for free, if not then you have to pay a service/repair fee.  I would suggest calling the service department before mailing your models out before you do.

That's so cool, Chaz! Thanks!

Jacob Wilson

^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #79 and ^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #81 By Chaz: That is very interesting. I have never heard of a full life-time warranty on model railway products before. Why do Bachmann do this then?

Surely I would not be able to do this with my Donald, who has a dodgy motor, as a UK resident?

thomasj219

I don't see why not. I'm not too farmiliar  with the process but usually a manufacturer will fix any one of their products no matter how long its been since you bought it. Sometimes for a fee and sometimes for free.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

UPTODAY

Yes Bachmann has a life time warranty,thats why a narrow gauge engine costs $149.00,ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!
RANT OVER
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #84 By thomasj219: I purchased my Donald in February 2015. Who would pay for the postage though if I did this? I or Bachmann? With the amount postage costs in the UK to the USA and back, I may as well just buy another one.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #85 By UPTODAY: I do not think it is to do with Bachmann's Warranty, why Skarloey's RRP is $149.00. Skarloey is this price because of his licensing, the fact he is a OO-9 Gauge Locomotive and how difficult and expensive he would be to produce. Think about it Steve (UPTODAY), designing a motor that is powerful and will fit in a bodyshell that is to the correct OO-9 Gauge scale. This is difficult to do, and that this stage with Bachmann releasing this new range, which was at risk of losing money from it, Skarloey is worth $149.00. Until the Narrow Gauge range becomes more popular, it will stay expensive and Bachmann will need to release more products in it as well.

jward

Quote from: UPTODAY on February 02, 2016, 06:47:35 PM
Yes Bachmann has a life time warranty,thats why a narrow gauge engine costs $149.00,ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!
RANT OVER
UPTODAY

obviously you have never looked at actual narrow guage models. $149 is on the low end even for a standard guage model.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #87 By jward: When you say the "actual Narrow Gauge models", are talking about the Bachmann or the PECO models?

Quote from: jward on February 02, 2016, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: UPTODAY on February 02, 2016, 06:47:35 PM
RANT OVER
UPTODAY

obviously you have never looked at actual narrow guage models. $149 is on the low end even for a standard guage model.

Adding to this, many websites have Skarloey for reasonable price- I've been eyeing one for a little bit more than one hundred dollars- link if you're interested ---> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LNFCDM&P=FB&Q=1

Edit- Whoops, looks like that site is out of stock  :P sorry guys...