Main Menu

The Help Thread

Started by TobyTheTram16, May 11, 2013, 11:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGWR

How do you fix the buffers on bachmann Percy
???

Br 98.75

post some pictures of it if you need to glue the use a plastic weld such as tenax 7r or ambroid

Anthony P2

I need help with a converted Toby. some time ago I converted my Toby model to DCC then after a while he didn't run as smoothly as when i first converted him. then after a while longer he started would jerk as he moved along. so i ordered a new chassis and motor unit and converted that to DCC. now I'm back to my problem again, and before anyone asks, yes, i oiled him, cleaned the track, cleaned the wheels....the whole nine yards. i wired everything up correctly according to the Digitrax instructions, and made sure I did. I do have some basic knowledge with electronics but not as much as some of the experts.

PaulGWR

I'm getting a start on the old coaches and I'm wondering, does anyone have any tips on how to paint them? ??? (Like the little areas around the windows, for example.)

Oliverfan656

Does anyone know how to paint bachmann James's wheels and what paint should I use for it

Shawn

I used Humbrol #21 Gloss black enamel, to match the finishes of the rest of the model.  Take off the side rods, by unscrewing the teeny tiny bolts holding them on.  Then,  use a fine brush and a steady hand to paint the wheels.

I wouldn't recommend the mod unless you are super confident though.

Fergusfan17

Hey everyone,
Any ideas on replacing buffers for engines? Some of my engines are missing a few, notables include Edward and Diesel... ::)

TBModels

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, so I found this one to repost.

Anyway... I recently bought a Hornby Flying Scotsman on eBay. There is a problem with the engine / tender in that the engine will work on curves, but it will not work on straight pieces of track. Once it gets to a straight section, the engine stops.

Has anyone had the same problem / know how to fix it?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TBModels on January 31, 2016, 08:37:18 AM
Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, so I found this one to repost.

Anyway... I recently bought a Hornby Flying Scotsman on eBay. There is a problem with the engine / tender in that the engine will work on curves, but it will not work on straight pieces of track. Once it gets to a straight section, the engine stops.

Has anyone had the same problem / know how to fix it?

I think most likely get the answer you need by posting this on the Hornby Forum.

Is it the Hornby Thomas & Friends Flying Scotsman you have problems with? I can only imagine it is this one, as you are posting it in the Thomas & Friends section.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Hey everyone,
Any ideas on replacing buffers for engines? Some of my engines are missing a few, notables include Edward and Diesel...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #69 By Racing James!: I know that Bachmann have a pretty good spare parts range, so the buffers may be included.

Thanks Jacob, I'll be sure to take a look!!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #71 By Racing James!: It is alright and I am sorry for upsetting you. I know you do not like me, or anybody else on this Forum. I cannot see myself posting anything again, and I think this will be best for everybody then, so I do not upset anybody, or stop them from posting anything.

Your choice, whatever you do!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #73 By Racing James!: Well I have been told to do this, not literally, but in the way of several User's telling me off. I do not do these things on purpose, and nobody seems to listen to saying that, so it looks like I will have to leave. I don't really want to do that, but if it get's User's logging on and posting, then I have no choice but too.