STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2020, 07:55:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Help Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: The Help Thread  (Read 43742 times)
PaulGWR

Would you like a jelly baby?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »

How do you fix the buffers on bachmann Percy
 Huh?
Br 98.75

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2014, 08:50:52 PM »

post some pictures of it if you need to glue the use a plastic weld such as tenax 7r or ambroid
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »

I need help with a converted Toby. some time ago I converted my Toby model to DCC then after a while he didn't run as smoothly as when i first converted him. then after a while longer he started would jerk as he moved along. so i ordered a new chassis and motor unit and converted that to DCC. now I'm back to my problem again, and before anyone asks, yes, i oiled him, cleaned the track, cleaned the wheels....the whole nine yards. i wired everything up correctly according to the Digitrax instructions, and made sure I did. I do have some basic knowledge with electronics but not as much as some of the experts.
PaulGWR

Would you like a jelly baby?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »

I'm getting a start on the old coaches and I'm wondering, does anyone have any tips on how to paint them? Huh? (Like the little areas around the windows, for example.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:40:32 PM by sodorfan » Logged
Oliverfan656

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »

Does anyone know how to paint bachmann James's wheels and what paint should I use for it
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2014, 12:04:05 AM »

I used Humbrol #21 Gloss black enamel, to match the finishes of the rest of the model.  Take off the side rods, by unscrewing the teeny tiny bolts holding them on.  Then,  use a fine brush and a steady hand to paint the wheels.

I wouldn't recommend the mod unless you are super confident though.
Fergusfan17
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2015, 12:17:11 PM »

Hey everyone,
Any ideas on replacing buffers for engines? Some of my engines are missing a few, notables include Edward and Diesel... Roll Eyes
TBModels

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:18 AM »

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, so I found this one to repost.

Anyway... I recently bought a Hornby Flying Scotsman on eBay. There is a problem with the engine / tender in that the engine will work on curves, but it will not work on straight pieces of track. Once it gets to a straight section, the engine stops.

Has anyone had the same problem / know how to fix it?

Jacob Wilson
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, so I found this one to repost.

Anyway... I recently bought a Hornby Flying Scotsman on eBay. There is a problem with the engine / tender in that the engine will work on curves, but it will not work on straight pieces of track. Once it gets to a straight section, the engine stops.

Has anyone had the same problem / know how to fix it?

I think most likely get the answer you need by posting this on the Hornby Forum.

Is it the Hornby Thomas & Friends Flying Scotsman you have problems with? I can only imagine it is this one, as you are posting it in the Thomas & Friends section.
Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »

Hey everyone,
Any ideas on replacing buffers for engines? Some of my engines are missing a few, notables include Edward and Diesel...

Check out my Youtube channel, TheBlueSnowplow!
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2016, 04:36:35 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #69 By Racing James!: I know that Bachmann have a pretty good spare parts range, so the buffers may be included.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »

Thanks Jacob, I'll be sure to take a look!!

Jacob Wilson
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #71 By Racing James!: It is alright and I am sorry for upsetting you. I know you do not like me, or anybody else on this Forum. I cannot see myself posting anything again, and I think this will be best for everybody then, so I do not upset anybody, or stop them from posting anything.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »

Your choice, whatever you do!

Jacob Wilson
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2016, 05:40:18 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #73 By Racing James!: Well I have been told to do this, not literally, but in the way of several User's telling me off. I do not do these things on purpose, and nobody seems to listen to saying that, so it looks like I will have to leave. I don't really want to do that, but if it get's User's logging on and posting, then I have no choice but too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: