News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Powering a dummy E7

Started by davidone, May 17, 2013, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidone

I can't seem to find them under your parts section, any hints?

phillyreading

I found three motor upgrade kits listed under Williams accessories. No mention if one would fit an E-7.
In the real world an E-7 is larger(longer) then the F-7, so I am not sure if the kit for an F-7 will work or not.

Have you posted this at OGR forum? It seems the guys over there give more replies and sooner.

Lee F.

Chessie1971

Hi Davidone,

The Williams EP-5 uses the same power trucks as does your E-7 ( #00243 kit ). Here is a simple and less expensive way to get all the parts you need plus extra parts including a true blast II unit complete.

Go to the Wholesale Trains web site on line. Currently in there O gauge sale section they have the Pennsylvania EP-5 on sale for # BAC 41905 @ $79.99 or the BAC 41906 @ 81.49.

You can easily "GUT OUT" these locos for all the parts you need for your E-7 upgrade with spare parts left over.

If you buy two of the same for $160.00, you could "GUT" the one for the E-7 upgrade and use the parts removed from the E-7 to make a dummy out of the EP-5.

Buying the loco, at this price, is cheaper than buying the upgrade kit !!!!

Attention:  Cobrabob...I know you are a Pennsy guy, this may be a good time to add a pony or two to the "stable"

Keep on Chuggin'...671

r0gruth

I agee with 671.The list price for the powering kit is @$190.00.You can get it cheaper but the suggestion by 671 may be cheapest.
Roger

3rail

the only problem that you are going to have with using the guts from the EP-5, is that there will not be screw holes for the ladder mounts.  You could drill and tap, or epoxy them on to the truck.

Regards,
3rail

3rd Rail,

Thanks for the ' Heads Up '

davidone

WKT58

Dummy Upgrade Kit, 6 Wheel/Center Blind, Bachmann Williams 00243, @$108.67
Compatible with: ALCO PA, E7,EP5

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200512131