News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Damaged Locomotive

Started by Sheerin, May 19, 2013, 09:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheerin

Hi,

I just bought a locomotive back on November 2012, these are the specifications; Bachmann HO Train set rail shief with END GP40 Diesel locomotive and used it a few times. I set the railroads, the problems is that when I turn the train on the locomotive is not reaching its full potencial, even when set the speed controller to reach the maximum level. The locomotive sounds like it is running at maximum speed, but it is really not moving at maximum speed at all, instead it moves really slowly. I followed the instructions, and I cleaned the railroads, but the problem continues.

What can I do?

Jerrys HO

sounds like a drive shaft slipping or popped out. if you are ok with removing the shell and inspecting the drive train remove the screws under the fuel tank and slide the shell off. or you can send it in to bachmann for warranty repair.

Jerry

Doneldon

Sheerin-

The first thing to do is to stop running your locomotive until it is repaired. Hoping that the problem will go away won't help and you can damage your mechanism further by asking it to do what it cannot now do.

If you are uncomfortable opening your model, take it to the store where you purchased it to see if they can service it. I know that's becoming less likely every day but try it if your source was a real hobby shop. If not, send your loco back to Bachmann's (address, etc., located on this web site). They will repair or replace it. Since you purchased your train less than a year ago, the repair will be free except for your shipping expense. Be sure to enclose a copy of your receipt to verify your purchase date. If you don't have your receipt but you sent in your registration card (one of those things manufacturers put in the box that no one ever reads) you should still be okay; Bachmann is very good about warranty issues. If all else fails, send your loco back with $25 for full repair or replacement.
                                              -- D