News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

has bachmann made one of these?

Started by sctrainguy, August 26, 2007, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.cprmier

KimChee!!  I think I would rather be in deep doo-doo.  Ugh!!   Nas-teeeeee!
RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

Depends on summer or winter, now doesn't it, Rich?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

Gene;
All things considered; in a word, no.
Rich

PS:  Some years ago, the late Jim Findley did an article on buildng a gas works plant.  On the side of the tank (which Walthers now markets) was the name "KIMCHI GAS WORKS".  Knowing of Jim's assignments in Asia; Korea in particular, it must have been a rather tongue in cheek project.
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

I like the old days with the punny names.  And I like Kimchi Gas Works!  However, I think there is a big difference between summer and winter kimchee.  The one I can eat.  The other I can't - and I like hot food with garlic!
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Woody Elmore

Having taught in a high school that educated many Korean Americans I can attest to the potency of Kimchee! Students used to prepare meals for Teacher Appreciation Day. I thought they were trying to do us in!

japasha

Some KimChee could fire that Russian 4-14-4 very easily.  Jim Findlay claimed that a dose of KimChee would make you run like a demented kangaroo.

Findlay also had a mine called "It's Mine." on his layout as did a few others.

Sill, I don't think it's very likely that Bachmann would ever do a 4-12-2.  I owned the SP 4-10-2 and the club hated it. While it could pull almost everything there, the curves were just a bit too tight at 30 inches. add another inch and wheelbase and there's an even bigger problem.