BachmannU/P DD40AX Analogue Handrails Wanted and Decoder Information

Started by Sunshine Express, May 19, 2013, 05:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Express

I bought a second hand Bachmann Union Pacific DD 40 AX Diesel Loco at a Buy&Sell today,and it has no handrails. It runs very well,and all lights work as new. Has the Forum got any clues on buying a set of handrails to suit ?,or will I have to make  them up ?.  Also what is the recommended decoder for this loco  ?. I believe it has two motors ?.  Thanks for any help here,I love the big brute.
Owen C Robinson

bapguy

Do you want sound or just motor controll? As for the hand rails, you could try "kit-bashing" them. The hand rails for the Dash8-40CW might be a good starting point. Get 2 sets as the DD40 is a LONG loco. The cab on the Dash8 is similer to the DD40. The hard part is where the side ladder is. Joe

sd24b

Quote from: Sunshine Express on May 19, 2013, 05:54:31 AM
I bought a second hand Bachmann Union Pacific DD 40 AX Diesel Loco at a Buy&Sell today,and it has no handrails. It runs very well,and all lights work as new. Has the Forum got any clues on buying a set of handrails to suit ?,or will I have to make  them up ?.  Also what is the recommended decoder for this loco  ?. I believe it has two motors ?.  Thanks for any help here,I love the big brute.
I used Athearn stanchions and brass wire on mine.  Phil. 

Sunshine Express

Thanks Joe,If you thought there would be room for a sound decoder,I might try,but a silent one would do. Owen
Owen C Robinson

Sunshine Express

Thanks Phil, The Athearn stanchions seems the way to go,if I could buy some.They seem to be out of stock. Owen
Owen C Robinson

jward

which drive is the unit? is the body the one with truck mounted couplers or the newer body mounted ones?

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

Bachmann decoder selector page.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/choose/step3.php?t=ho&s=Bachmann

Another site with loads of DCC and sound info as well as dual prime mover info. Look in Curriculum, SoundTraxx.

http://www.mrdccu.com/

Rich

Sunshine Express

Thanks jward, The loco has the truck mounted couplers.Cheers  owen
Owen C Robinson