Updated photos of Backwoods Miniatures Heisler kit available

Started by Kevin S., May 29, 2013, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dutchbuilder

Very Nice Kevin ...............if you are a member.............
The links don't work without membership!
Ton

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Peter sent me pictures of his conversion kit, and they are splendid!
I will certainly be converting at least a couple!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

steinked

Hello Heisler fans,

could someone make pictures of the new Backwoods kit available for people without Yahoo account?

Please!!!

Dieter

Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

railtwister

Quote from: steinked on June 04, 2013, 03:54:41 AM
Hello Heisler fans, could someone make pictures of the new Backwoods kit available for people without Yahoo account?
Please!!!

Dieter

Hi Dieter,

Unfortunately, the only one who can do that is Peter at Backwoods Miniatures, since the photos are his, and they are pre-production items. He hasn't even posted them on the Backwoods Miniatures site yet. You might try contacting him directly through the B-M homepage.

Why the big aversion to opening a Yahoo account and joining the On30 Conspiracy at YahooGroups? Having a Yahoo account is very easy to do, costs you nothing, and requires no maintenance, other than remembering your password occasionally. The Conspiracy is the best site on the web for keeping up to date with what's happening in On30, and there are members active on that group from all over the world.

Bill in FtL

hminky

QuoteThe Conspiracy is the best site on the web for keeping up to date with what's happening in On30, and there are members active on that group from all over the world.
That is a bold statement that isn't really true.

Ask a technical question and find there aren't any "experts" to help you.

Bunch of guys melting paint off old Model Power Davenports!

Yahoo is the worst format for a forum.

Harold

Royce Wilson

Harold, do you have a suggestion for a better place to gather information? :)

Royce :D

hminky

Quote from: Royce Wilson on June 04, 2013, 07:34:21 PM
Harold, do you have a suggestion for a better place to gather information? :)

Royce :D
Here

Harold

JerryB

Quote from: railtwister on June 04, 2013, 09:29:20 AM
Why the big aversion to opening a Yahoo account and joining the On30 Conspiracy at YahooGroups?

Absolutely no aversion to Yahoo on my part! I have had a Yahoo account for many, many years, and am an active member of groups in a large number of interest areas including model & prototype railroading, recreational vehicles & camping, aviation, machinery, etc. etc.

The problem with some of the 0n30 groups, including the one mentioned above, is that they are run as closed, private clubs. I have applied for membership to several of these groups several times and am always turned down. In one recent case (not the 0n30 Conspiracy), the "permanent" turn down notice was sent back within minutes of my submitting an application. There is no way a moderator or list owner actually reviewed my application (limited to 200 characters) and turned it down. I truly believe it was from an automated response. These groups are not interested in gaining members.

That is clearly the right of the list owners. It just winds up being very hard when an 'outsider' wants to see some of the work of these (seemingly closed minded) experts. Actually, the 0n30 Conspiracy doesn't even allow reading of posts unless one is a member.

Happy (Willing to Share) RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Royce Wilson

Jerry, I have expierenced that at times also and it could be that the moderator is away from the computer.

Royce ;D

vttrainguy

Just my two cents,
  I have gained a lot of good info from the Conspiracy group, although there are a couple of "curmudgeons" lurking there.
  As Bill said,  it IS one of the better forums to stay up to date on items of On30 info.
  Personally, I have found all of the forums to be very useful, but a bit cliqueish at times. I fear it is because of the "graying" of the hobby and the fact we are all sort of set in our ways.
  Rick
PS....Harold, they are"melting" paint off of Model Power Plymouths, not Davenports which happen to be closer to O scale than HO.

hminky

Quote from: vttrainguy on June 05, 2013, 08:40:51 PM
PS....Harold, they are"melting" paint off of Model Power Plymouths, not Davenports which happen to be closer to O scale than HO.
They are probably 55n3.

Harold

hminky

GG1onFordsDTandI

They want privacy and I give it to them 8). Closed door "public forums" ???. Reminds me of cult mentality :-X.
I'll skip the Kool-Aid and remain ignorant thanks ;).