rocky mountaineer starter set idea.

Started by raptor106, June 01, 2013, 10:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor106

hey bachmann i have bought few of thouse starter train sets like the mckinley explorer and Princess Cruises Denali Express Set and i really enjoy them. have there been talks or ideas for rocky mountaineer starter set? that be cool to add to list.

Doneldon

Rap-

Check out the Durango and Silverton or the Royal Gorge, depending on whether you prefer vintage steam power or more recent diesel passenger operations. Both are good sets with reliable locomotives. You can also build your railroad a la carte by purchasing the things you want as individual items rather than table d'hote in sets. That will let you get just what you want as well as potentially better quality equipment. (It's generally accepted that most [but not all] train set components are cheaper and less well made than most other trains.)

Whatever you do, good luck. Keep us up to date on your progress.
                                                                                                   -- D

raptor106

ya i have royle Royal Gorge and emipier express both amazing train sets. but what i suggesting is another passenger train set but in canada like rocky mountaineer with gp40 and 3 or 4 passenger cars, and brochure that in manual. much like the ones i got from  Royal Gorge & mckinley explorer. did anyone else buy Princess Cruises Denali Express Set and get brochure for it? i didn't

M1FredQ

If it's any help or consolation, at one of the "Train" shows the Bachmann rep was relating that in their starter sets all the components were high quality not cheaper versions, so that folks could add on to their sets.

I found this to be true on the Large Scale and O-Gauge on the the more recently produced sets.

Doneldon

rap-

Oh. I didn't realize that you were referring to the tourist train that runs in British Columbia. But yes, it would make a good specialty item to accompany the Alaska train and the very early sets Bachmann made like the B&O carriages. Have you been on the Rocky Mountaineer? I have not but I've been to the area by auto twice and it is absolutely beautiful country. I'd enjoy seeing it again by train but it is very pricey. I apologize for my confusion.
                                                                                                     -- D

raptor106

i have been to  British Columbia alot. it so nice but i haven't rode that rocky mountaineer train one day i will. i love to ride the alaska train though that be so cool. i think bachamnn team should look at that rocky mountaineer train for future trainset

Doneldon

rap-

I've been on the Alaska Railroad and it is quite a worthwhile trip, even if the equipment is all modern stuff. We were able to see McKinley all the way from Fairbanks one day and then almost all the way to Anchorage when we left Denali Park. Man, that is one very BIG mountain. The train crew said they usually expect to see the mountain about one day a week and generally not all day like we had it. I think we really lucked out.
                                                                                                                 -- D