News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound module for H-4 2-6-6-2

Started by ryeguyisme, June 03, 2013, 06:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

like does it have to face a certain way, or can you operate it with it backwards?

The reson for this is I milled the 2-6-6-2 down so I can fit a PFM D&SL 2-6-6-0 boiler on it, and I'm having space restrictions in the D&SL tender since it's shorter than the vanderbilt tender

ryeguyisme

J3a-614

Gee, Rye, what did you change out a PFM mechanism for?  From a discussion here a while back with Jonathan and others on a B&O steamer by that firm, that outfit had some of the better mechanisms around in brass.  Granted, you may have had noise issues and may have wanted to go with a can motor and some sound insulation tricks (necessary when working with decoders and sound), but the gearboxes and the like from PFM have always been considered first rate, even for today.

ryeguyisme

Well the original mechanism had definitely seen some better days, so I decided to do what I did with my N scale H-4 and use it to turn it into at 2-6-6-0

ryeguyisme

basically in order for the sound board and main circuit board to fit the tender I either have to mess with the board or cut the tender to fit, and I want to see if the sound module can be flipped around so I can fit it in the tender without much problem

richg

Quote from: ryeguyisme on June 20, 2013, 02:37:21 PM
basically in order for the sound board and main circuit board to fit the tender I either have to mess with the board or cut the tender to fit, and I want to see if the sound module can be flipped around so I can fit it in the tender without much problem

Go ahead and try it.

Rich

GN.2-6-8-0

Just read this and my thought is why are you bothering with the Bachmann sound decoder and board to begin with?
Better to save up and spend the extra bucks on a full blown Tsunami decoder that will easily fit in the PFM tender plus the added sounds and features of a full sound decoder.
just take the Bachmann Vanderbilt tender and set it aside for a future project or sell it.
Rocky Lives