News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NORTHERN NEVEDA RAILWAY

Started by utdave, June 04, 2013, 10:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utdave

here some pics  of the old Kenecott copper mine in neveda   the whole town is the same from years ago and they have refurbished some steam locos .     also on the  history  channel the main man of the rail way has rick from vegas fix some stuff up to show.    ill be going this summer for a train ride  i won at a train show here in ogden utah.      take a look    Dave

http://donhepler.smugmug.com/NEVADANORTHERNRAILWAYMUSEUM/MEMORIAL-DAY-2013/MEMORIAL-DAY-2013/29615343_6MjFmS#!i=2543141998&k=bkZchBH

Doneldon

ut-

Do you know that you can take training (NPI) to be a fireman or engineer at the
Nevada Northern? I'd love to do that but I'm guessing it's pretty spendy.
                                                                                                           -- D

utdave

Yes i know a man who buys local train stuff who works on those trains    he volunters  hes time just to do it.     also you can pay to drive a steam loco also   wouldnt that be the killer thing to do also.      also here in utah  the golden spike  has the 2 locos meet head to head  several times on saturday,  you can volunter there also and work up to be the engineer to drive one  the utah state parks run this.     but i cant wait to ride on the Neveda Northern and maybe even pay to operate one of the steamers        Dave