News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New sound Traxx

Started by Mark FL, June 13, 2013, 12:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark FL

If I add sound to my G30 (ho scale). Do I add the new board along with the other board or does the new sound board replace the other board?  ???

bapguy

You take out the PC board installed from Bachmann and replace it with the Soundtraxx one. You need the 828039 which has the 567 Turbo sound.I used a .63" speaker and baffle in mine. It fits on the frame step at the rear.  Joe

richg

SoundTraxx recommends the same speaker but an oval 14mm x 25mm speaker.

I have put 16mm x 35 mm in some HO diesels and a 28mm round in others. A lot depends on the physical dimensions.

Here is a link you should keep and study as time permits.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/choose/step3.php?t=ho&s=Bachmann

There is a HO forum here also.

Someone in another forum asked the same question and got responses.

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/6403

Rich

Mark FL

Thanks Guys. Being new at this it's good to have some experienced help

bapguy

I did one and will try to post the photos soon. I just need to get them taken. Joe

Mark FL

would like to see the photos when you get them.

bapguy

Here are the photos. I milled the frame to put the keep alive caps into the milled out part. Search the posts for Bapguy  GP7 sound install as well  Joe

Mark FL

I have installed the new board and am looking for a spot to put the speaker. Not having any luck.

railexpert

Hi Bapguy

how did you get the pictures in your posting? This has never been achieved me.

Railexpert

bapguy

I used a .63" speaker and enclosure. It fits on the step in the frame at the rear of the engine.

bapguy

I use photobucket. Add the photos to your library. Have your post here open. Open you photobucket library, right click the photo, click properties, highlight the URL address, click copy. Come back to your post, click on the icon above that looks like a post card:[img] [img] should appear. Right click between the center brackets and click paste. The URL address will show up. Yoir photos are now posted.  Joe

Mark FL

I will look again at the rear of the train but do not think there is any room there. I will post some photos to show you.

bapguy

If you look at the photos I posted on the right side you will see a round black object. This is the .63 inch diameter speaker with the baffle installed. If you look just past where the truck mounts to the frame you will see the step in the frame I'm talking about. This is where the speaker goes. Also here is a list of CV's and values for the equalizer in the Tsunami. I got these from Erik Fiske who posted them on the Model railroader forum: CV157=7,154=700,155=200,157=175,158=150,159=225,160=255. This helps with making the sound better.  Joe