News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Knapford Station

Started by ShadowMonk, June 13, 2013, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowMonk

I am interested in purchasing Knapford Station. At the moment I only have 1 loop, using 18 inch curves which will obviously be the inside loop. If I get a loop of 22 inch curves will I be able to have that going through the other platform forming the outside loop? Or would you suggest getting curves higher than 22?

SodorAdventures

Hello,

Your plan should work as long as your straightaways are longer than the station.

In my opinion, scrap the 18, get 2 22" circles. If thats too much for now, yes 22" is the ideal loop size, 24" being even better, however that may be a tad more expensive.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

ThomasFan247

You could go SodorAdventure's way, which I would definitely look into if price isn't a huge problem, but if it is you could always insert short straightaways throughout the outside loop if the radius is not big enough :)

PaulGWR

I'd like to get knapford as well, but I get annoyed by the lack of buildings on each side so I might just have to go the kit bashing route

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: ShadowMonk on June 13, 2013, 05:08:33 PM
I am interested in purchasing Knapford Station. At the moment I only have 1 loop, using 18 inch curves which will obviously be the inside loop. If I get a loop of 22 inch curves will I be able to have that going through the other platform forming the outside loop? Or would you suggest getting curves higher than 22?
The 18r (36dia) will fit inside the 22r (44dia) like you thought. With the space between tracks set for the station(2.5"?). The opposite side of the oval from the station, will have a gap of about 4-5 inches between tracks from what I can figure. The 22r inside the 24r(48dia) will give you a tighter double line opposite the station.
Here's something similar on Anyrail5 free with a little MS paint. The gap with the scenery would be smaller with 22r&24r.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Does anyone have the Knapford station and be willing to take a few measurements? Or know where they can be found? I'm interested in the minimum width of the track openings, track to track centers, engine height clearance from ground to roof bottom (or track top & up), and platform height.   

GG1onFordsDTandI

Doesn't anyone own both the Knapford station and a ruler? ??? I don't care if its metric or standard. ;)

Fergusfan17

Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on September 28, 2013, 11:47:39 PM
Doesn't anyone own both the Knapford station and a ruler? ??? I don't care if its metric or standard. ;)

ThomasBachannRemakes

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on October 28, 2013, 04:07:49 PM
Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on September 28, 2013, 11:47:39 PM
Bringing you Thomas The Tank Engine Remakes since 2014!