News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Locking in forward

Started by tony@skippystrains, June 15, 2013, 04:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony@skippystrains

I have a customer who has brought in a Williams 2361 Fairbanks Morse.  The engine runs like a charm, however he wants to lock it in forward due to certain track and accessories conditions on his pike.  Is there any way to accomplish this being as this unit has only the electronic reversing board.

Thank you,
Tony Fortunato / Skippy's Train Shed

phillyreading

What I recommend is to remove the circuit board and replace it with a bridge rectifier that you can buy at Radio Shack for under $10.00. You will lose direction control, but it will be locked in one direction for sure.
On the rectifier the wires with a squiggly line ~ go to track power, the ones with a + or positive go to one of the motor wires, the one with a - minus goes to the second motor wire. If it runs in reverse the first time simply reverse the motor wires to the plus and minus on the rectifier. The bridge rectifier changes the A.C. voltage to usable D.C. voltage.

One other note, ou will get a minor power increase with the rectifier installed.

Lee F.

tony@skippystrains

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond Lee.

Tony

WKT58

Rather than remove the reversing board, you can install a miniature toggle switch that will allow you to select between automatic reversing (Williams reversing board) and fixed forward (bridge rectifier) operation. 

r0gruth

I don't know where on the forum it is but this has been addressed before by some WbB persons,I think.
Roger

Joe Satnik

Look in the

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s) - READ ONLY FORUM

WBB

Can I lock my locomotives in Forward?

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

tony@skippystrains

Thank you all for your responses.