News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

North Pole & Southern 1225

Started by jcooperap, June 13, 2013, 12:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcooperap

We have a Bachmann North Pole & Southern 1225 Train Set (I believe it is G scale)  The set seems to be semi-complete still in the original styrofoam box (outer cover missing) with one major exception...  No transfromer/controller to run it.  What type of controller does it take and is it available?   

I had donated it to a church Garage Sale in St. Louis County Missouri, and they are trying to price it,  any suggestions? 

Jcooper

Joe Satnik

Dear jcooperap,

As far as setting a price is concerned, please describe, as well as you can, what pieces are left, and their condition.  

Note any damage, and if they were running well the last time you ran them.

I'm pretty sure I have the pieces you need to get running again.

If you want to take it off-board, click on my name and send a PM (personal message).  

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Edit: Erased incorrect set ID.

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Loco Bill Canelos

Several set were made with that locomotive number so it is hard to tell what you have.

The cost of a power supply and connector clips will cost at least $30,  Just to find out if the locomotive you have will even run.  Christmas sets sell on EBay from as low as $40 on up to $110 or so when complete and in the box. 

If the loco will not run you will be out the cost of the power pack. 

Suggest you put a price of $40 or $50 on it as is,  If someone offers less take it.

If you have a friend with an old transformer for HO Scale it should be adequate to test the locomotive then maybe you could get more for the train.

Bill
You could also sell it in Ebay and have a better chance  for more, then give the money to the church.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

jcooperap

Thanks for the help.   

The loco did run the last time it was put away.  but the controller has been lost. 

your suggestion on price is close to what I was thinking at a church garage sale.  I was hoping to provide the prospective purchaser with a little info how to get started with the getting what is needed to run the train.  is there some place i can direct them to to purchase the controller?

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!