News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas Bachmann couplers

Started by Simon Greasly, August 27, 2007, 03:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Greasly

hello there again all simon greasly here

i was just wondering and this is for those famillier with captain punjab's thomas the bachmann engine series. Anyway the way the movie is makes it look like the Thomas models can pull regular bachmann rolling stock and regular bachmann engines can pull thomas and friends rolling stock is this possible if so let me know.

thx
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

1 Thomas

its possible because i do it all the time  :D

Rickenbacker 325

thomas copularas are lower than reg. cupalers you hook it to reg. car by taking the horn and hook cupler and hooking it to the place where the real cupaler hooks ;)

does that make sense now :)

Trainboy

1 Thomas

whats a horn and hook coupler  ???

Guilford Guy

This is a horn hook
This is a knuckle
This is a hook and loop coupler or a "Thomas" coupler
Alex

PerfectPercy

Or you could use a piece of wire and tie the couplings together.

alex wittman

g.g. as a friend please tell me where did you find those couplers

Guilford Guy

There are 3 couplers there... Which one.........................
Alex

alex wittman

the "thomas" couplers g.g. i need them badly

Len

The "Thomas" coupler shown in the picture is for a Large Scale ("G") size locomotive. The hook & loop couplers used on the HO/OO sized Thomas equipment are somewhat different in look and mounting methods.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

max (uk)

The hook and loop couplers used on the Bachmann Thomas range are available seperately in packs of 6 from Bachmann. The item No is 78979 and cost $6.50

alex wittman

the nem long shank couplers that bachmann has. that says it fits in a europian style coupler so does it come with the coupler pocket i am just asking

alex wittman

>:( the ones that bachmann sell the new nem long shank knuckle couplers thats says they fit in a europian style coupler and i am just asking :-\ do they come with the coupler pockets to hook up to