News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Berkshire Tire Size?

Started by Joe2343, May 06, 2013, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe2343

Does anybody know what tire size fits a Williams by Bachman Berkshire?  Does Williams parts sell them?  I've searched "traction tires" on their on line parts store, but get a blank.

phillyreading

Have you tried going to the Berkshire in the O gauge parts section and looking under the Berkshire heading? I just did and don't see it listed.
You may have to give Bachmann a call and see, as I don't see the part listed in the Berkshire section under parts.
If you have the parts number try the search feature.

Lee F.

Hi Joe2343,

Did you ever get a source for the Berkshire tires?  Williams seems to use traction tires as a banding of the wires around their drive motors. With a little luck, the band around the electrical motor will be the same size needed for your traction tire.
            If you have other Williams, Check them for traction tires.
            The "J" 4-8-4 Steamers may have the same tire size. You may want to inquire about those tires from the parts dept.
            It seems that the parts dept. scavenges parts off of returned to factory units. You may get lucky asking for Berkshire tires and "J" tires.
            When you install the new tires, use Elmer's rubber cement ( Available at stationary stores i.e. Office Depot  ) This will hold the tire to the wheel rim, reduce tire buckling, and extend tire life.
            The rubber cement cleans off easily and never hardens.

Good Luck...671