resistance soldering equipment

Started by RAM, June 15, 2013, 09:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

At one time I had information of building resistance soldering unit.  Has any built one? 

richg

Quote from: RAM on June 15, 2013, 09:34:37 PM
At one time I had information of building resistance soldering unit.  Has any built one? 

I made one some years ago with a low voltage, high current transformer from junk parks. There are a variety of ways to make on and the hand tool.

http://tinyurl.com/m6rya5p

Rich

Jhanecker2

Never built a resistance soldering gun but used them at work for soldering electrical solderwell contacts to wires  in multiwire cables .  Solderwell contacts  are contacts that have holes  to  insert electrical solder as opposed to crimp type contacts that have holes for installing wire that is crimped by a tool made for that purpose .  The other type of connection is a pressure type contact that uses a screw to mechanically hold the wire in place , these are usually  larger contacts . The unit we used for the smaller wires  is available at Micro-Mark  for about  $ 260.00 .  It has two ranges  50 watts and 100 watts , and has two types of pliers .  The unit  is expensive but makes  soldering  very  fast .  It is on my personal buy list  when I get around to needing to solder  larger amounts  material .    John 2.