Who has the best price on the new 3 truck shays?

Started by Stephen Warrington, February 11, 2007, 10:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile been very sick so I have lost touch over the last year of things going on around here. I was just wondering who has the best prices on the new shay and what does everyone think of it strong points weaknesses ect.

Thanks

Stephen

Nathan

There is more to it then just 'low price'.  Several places will give you a 'low price' but get you on shipping charges and 'other charges'.  Sometimes paying a little more at the nearest hobby shop is worth it if they are like several I know that if you have a problem with a new unit within the first 30 days they will ship it back and have it worked on rather then you having to pay the shipping cost.  Twice in side of one week one person I know had two different locomotives he bought go bad inside of the first week and his local hobby shop just gave him a replacement units.

Nathan

Stephen Warrington

Hi Nathan,

Wish I knew what a walk in Hobbyshop was that carried LS trains, The closest one I have is a Hobbytown and most of their stuff is HO or retail for example the ICRR HO heavy mountain is on sell there $259.95 not counting tax and the only other store is a lousy Hobby Lobby with almost no model trains except two Bachmann big hauler christmas sets BHAH! Closest real hobbyshop is New Orleans or Memphis both over 4 hours away.

Stephen

Colorado

There are quite a few LS reputable dealers, Ridge Road, St Aubins, Trainworld etc.

http://www.mylargescale.com/ has a list.

I have not bought from St Aubin, but I have never had a problem from quite a few others.

Not to sure what percentage of the US population is within an easy journey of a decent LS Retailer, must be very small.

Art

I got my 3-truck Shay from TrainWorld and everything including the price was OK. Even the shipping was cheap.... I think it was $12 but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It arrived in 3 days from ordering.

Art

Stephen Warrington

Thanks guys, I will look around, I have ordered from Saint Aubins before and had some trouble out of them 3 cars I ordered never arrived and they were no help in tracking down what happened to my 3 bachmann hoppers. I love dealing with train world great bunch to deal with no matter what scale you order. And they have never cheated me on a order.

Thanks

Stephen

Stephen Warrington

Hi CONC,

I have never tried Lantz before so I will check them out and that is a very good price is that for the sound version or the straight DC version or is their adifferance like I said I been out of the groove for awhile.

Stephen

CONC

Straight version- no sound.  I think they want another $200 for the sound version.  I have ordered from them several times and haven't had any problems. 

Frisco

Micro Mark has them. www.micromark.com .  They are great to deal with .

r.cprmier

Strephen;
I would truely and heartily recommend "Trainworld" as a supplier.  While their phone jockeys could use a bit of bedside manner (no, not that kind; the diplomacy kind) they will keep track of backorders very well, and do communicate with you.  I, too, think their prices are reasonable, and shipping isn't all that bad.  they also back themselves up to the max; at least that is my take.  As long as I don't have to drive down to Brooklyn...The Merritt and the Hutch?  Arrggghhhhhh!  Beats hell out of dodging the Lousiana Highway Patrol too..

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

grumpy

I order all my G - scale from either St. Aubins   or Trainworld. I have had no problems and this is shipping into Canada. The only beef I have is with St. Aubins and their loyalty to UPS. UPS seem to have some extra charges when shipping into Canada but St.Aubins will only shipUPS or USPS. Trainworld will also ship via DHL which is a little more expensive than USPSbut quite a bit cheaper than UPS and I get it in 4 working days. These two places are probably the best place to buy Bachman G scale for pricing. I find that they always beat the others for Gscale.
Don

Big John

I bought four engines from Trainworld and two from St Aubins. Both had excellent service and the best prices I could find. I only run Bauchmann engines as I model narrow gauge. Knock on wood I have never had a major problem. All my engines ran right out of the box with very little adjustment required. But, I guess that says more about Bachmann than the distributors. I would rank Trainworld as my first choice.