News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large scale kits

Started by uscgtanker, June 20, 2013, 04:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uscgtanker

Dear Mr Bachmann
I've just started getting back in to the hobby but know I've ran into a problem. The train car kits the company produced are no longer in print. There great for free lance modelers and detail freaks "like me". By any possibility would they come out again in a few years, or are they derailed with weeds and small trees growing around them. scratch building is something I don't really want to do because farm work leaves little time to do much.

the Bach-man

Dear Coastie,
There are no plans to reintroduce them at this time.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

Chuck N

Since Bachmann isn't planning on introducing kits, I think that I can suggest that you contact "PHIL'S NARROW GAUGE".  He sells freight car kits in 1:20.3.  I have built a couple and they look great behind a Bachmann K-27, or Connie.

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

There are currently 7 kits for sale on EBay! The ones in the gray boxes do NOT have metal wheels, but the ones in the red boxes came with metal wheels standard.  They show up on Ebay all the time, so I recommend you set up a saves search with emails so you can be notified when new items show up.
Here is one from Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-G-Scale-Gondola-Car-Kit-NIB-98915-/300533052832?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item45f92a75a0

You might also check around some of the hobby stores as well  they might just have some old stock. 

have fun

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!