News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Misty Island Engines

Started by Rollin Mayham, July 27, 2013, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

Do you guys think that Bachmann will make a the Misty Island engines? Why or Why not.

mrrailroad

maybe but the models would almost have to be scratch built ( correct me if Im wrong ), But then again they would be a nice edition ( still hanging onto hope for lady ).
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Rollin Mayham

I don't know about scratch built I mean they could just take a shay and slap a face that looks like Ferdinand and add the eyeballs that move. However I don't know about bash and dash

jettrainfan

Fenderlind is a climax, a shay and a climax are 2 totally different beasts. Made for the same purposes but act and run differently, bachamnn has made a climax but these would need re-tooling cause of the cost of the current spectrum one. Cut back on detail and minus the decoder and maybe he can be made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Chaz

Quote from: jettrainfan on July 27, 2013, 07:42:20 PM
Fenderlind is a climax, a shay and a climax are 2 totally different beasts. Made for the same purposes but act and run differently, bachamnn has made a climax but these would need re-tooling cause of the cost of the current spectrum one. Cut back on detail and minus the decoder and maybe he can be made.

Bachmann wouldn't use their climax tooling, or modify it from their spectrum range to make Ferdinand.  They would make their engines from scratch as opposed to the alternative.  Remember, Bachmann usually makes their toolings for engines from scratch as opposed to using toolings from both US and UK ranges, which is also why Hank won't be made and why Duck and Diesel weren't made with their UK toolings.   Either way, both would be too expensive in Ferdinand's case.

Personally, I don't see Bash, Dash, or Ferdinand happening.  They aren't exactly... popular characters, (or memorable for that matter), and they don't really have a growing fanbase or demand for them to appear anytime soon.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Zorran202

Plus, seeing that Bash and Dash have exposed chassis, it's kind of tricky to even have them run on the tracks...

Yeah, I just don't see them being made. Their demand would have to be high, but seeing that they're utterly annoying, I don't wish to see these logging morons show up in the range.

Fergusfan17

What's wrong with the chassis?

Rollin Mayham

Well okay he's right Bash and Dash have weird Chassis and they would fall right off the rails but Ferdinand could still be an option right and sorry I get confused between Climax and Shays a lot so if I do it again please let me know.

Zorran202

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on July 30, 2013, 08:51:13 PM
What's wrong with the chassis?
You know how the other engines have like those black block things under them, like in the model series, as well as the sheer fact that they'd need to protect/cover the gears? Ever thought how they'd be able to run with a standard motor?

Also, I quote from Thomas Wikia from their page: "Bash and Dash are the only engines that have their wheels on the outside of their chassis'. Perhaps because of this, their wheels do not appear to be attached to their underframes" which further backs up my points.

Fergusfan17

Chris9017

But if the Logging Locos were made her is how I would do it, I would take the wooden Brio models idea, but would fit as much as the motor I can in the boiler and have some of the motor cover plate come down below the chassis to hold the wheels.  Lets be frank, these would mostly be for use by kids and they could care less on the interior rod detail on Bash & Dash.   As for Ferdinand, for now your best bet is to get a painted unlettered spectrum and paint it blue, red, and some gold, then use some resin for the face and slap it on.   But Ferdinand wouldn't be too difficult.  Hank wouldn't be too difficult, but the logging locos are more likely to be thought of than Hank because Hank was only in one episode.  Hiro however has a better chance of being made since there are probably more fans of Hiro than that of even the Logging Locos.  I hope the logging locos are made someday, but if they are, it won't be for a long time.  Hiro however might actually be made because we see a lot more of him than the logging locos and Hank.

Shawn

I think bachmann will make whoever they make ;)

Rollin Mayham

Replying to Chris9017 about Hiro I have actually learned that Hiro is a smaller gauge than that of Thomas or any other American, British locomotive so it may be a little hard if they did that, but back to logging locos I have thought maybe they could do kits for those engines for obvious reasons.